No announcement yet.

Should we forget about Andre Dirrell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    He's better off than some active guys like Kelly Pavlik, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr[minus the popularity, I mean skillwise], Lucian Bute, etc.

Andre Dirrell is talked about a lot for an inactive fighter. Reminds me of Mayweather in 2008. 1,000 threads about why Mayweather isn't relevant and how he needs to fight again to be an ATG.
    LOL so its okay as long as you are a great talent (or so people think) in boxing you no longer have to get into the ring and prove it unlike like pavlik, chavez jr, bute who are not that great of a talent so they have to get in the ring and prove it LOL.

is this the same thinking that somehow mayweather ko pacquaio since marquez did it?

Weird.
    Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 01-12-2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

He's better off than some active guys like Kelly Pavlik, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr[minus the popularity, I mean skillwise], Lucian Bute, etc.

Andre Dirrell is talked about a lot for an inactive fighter. Reminds me of Mayweather in 2008. 1,000 threads about why Mayweather isn't relevant and how he needs to fight again to be an ATG.
      No, he is not talked about often so much so that TS asked wtf is up with him, and as for his skill what good is it if he isn't beating anyone to prove it?

Comment

Im not writing him off..

Comment

Terrible, horrid comparison.

Mayweather is certfied one of the greatest fighters ever and Dirrell is unproven and has one good win over AA.

And he's not better off than those guys cause those guys are actually FIGHTING, while he remains inactive.

Comment

I forgot about him After that terrible acting job vs Abraham!

Comment

He's waiting for everyone to fight each other and get old before his fragile confidence can start to believe again.

Imagine Andre Dirrell with Carl Frochs mental toughness? That would be a winning combo, Andre Ward would be number 2 at 168

Comment

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt if he truly returns. But, it's been so long that I'm not thinking him in the context of top guys in the division. When you're out that long, you're semi-retired. Long lay offs are rarely helpful to a boxer's career. But, I hope he can return to form.

Comment

I don't think about him and never really did. I don't know if he faked everything or what, but I seriously doubt he'll come back and be the fighter he was.

Comment

I wouldn't give up on him because it seems like he's been in the gym this whole time, so maybe he comes back as a repackaged fighter. Promotional wise he will be, so he better come out gunning. Right now I look at him kinda like Robert Guerrero in that he's had some setbacks, but has the built-in skills to make a strong run during the 2nd half of his career because he's still pretty fresh. Obviously I'm not as confident in his mental toughness as I am with Robert's, but he still has some upside I think. If he's really serious then he'll probably have to take some risks to make up for lost time and he'll be back in a fight where he has to dig deep, if he does then he's back.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                      I wouldn't give up on him because it seems like he's been in the gym this whole time, so maybe he comes back as a repackaged fighter. Promotional wise he will be, so he better come out gunning. Right now I look at him kinda like Robert Guerrero in that he's had some setbacks, but has the built-in skills to make a strong run during the 2nd half of his career because he's still pretty fresh. Obviously I'm not as confident in his mental toughness as I am with Robert's, but he still has some upside I think. If he's really serious then he'll probably have to take some risks to make up for lost time and he'll be back in a fight where he has to dig deep, if he does then he's back.
                      We always see every 6 months a news story on BS along the lines of "Dirrell in the gym training hard" with some pictures.

Training hard for what?

Why isn't he fighting? Doesn't he need money?

Comment

Working...
                      X