No announcement yet.

Ring Mag p4p list 1980 to 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
    How did Tyson stay on their P4P list for so long his best wins are an old fat former great and a blown up LHW and in 1990 when he gets K.Oed by a journeyman he only drops to 7.
    Because he ran through his whole division for three street years including Spinks in 91 seconds to win the Linear title who captured it from one of the greatest heavyweights ever in a long line of greats?

What kind of question is this anyway?

Comment

Nice to see Camacho had a couple of years on the P4P list. Got up high on that list too. Wonder how many more years he would've stayed at that level if he exercised some diligence and self control. Would've could've should've. Sad.

Also surprised Pipino Cuevas merited p4p status. I remember my dad and uncles loved that dude but I always thought he was a touch under P4P status. Guess I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
        Nice to see Camacho had a couple of years on the P4P list. Got up high on that list too. Wonder how many more years he would've stayed at that level if he exercised some diligence and self control. Would've could've should've. Sad.

Also surprised Pipino Cuevas merited p4p status. I remember my dad and uncles loved that dude but I always thought he was a touch under P4P status. Guess I was wrong.
        I was pretty shocked to see Camacho that high as well. Not that he shouldn't have been, I just didn't know near as much about him back then.

Comment

Aaron Pryor was rated highly for quite a while too.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
            NO 1987 and 1991?

Duran went from #1 to #10 to a nobody from 1980-1982.
            Updated - thanks for pointing it out!!

Comment

Now 1980 to 2011.

The list is complete and will be updated again shortly.

Comment

Jones wasn't p4p number one even after beating Toney and Hopkins. Not till 1996...what was significant about that year that would make Jones finally get the nod? Pea hadn't lost. Does anybody remember?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  Jones wasn't p4p number one even after beating Toney and Hopkins. Not till 1996...what was significant about that year that would make Jones finally get the nod? Pea hadn't lost. Does anybody remember?
                  Whitaker got dropped after subpar performances in the first fight with Rivera and the fight against Hurtado in which he was about to lose but scored a come from behind KO.

Comment

Damn Roy Jones Jr, top 10 in '93, then top 3 from 1994-2003. 10 years in the top 10 P4P list, with 9 of them being top 3. GOAT status.

Floyd Mayweather Jr, 13 years[14 years with 2012] on the top 10 P4P list.

Violation.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      Mayweather on the list since 1998 but Pacquiao got fighter of the decade. LOL
                      Froid problem was he ducked Cotto and Margarito in 07. Had he not ducked them and fought like Mosley he would have won Fighter Of The Decade. I would have been piss if he didn't win it also.

Comment

Working...
                      X