No announcement yet.

My Universal Healthcare Proposal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    This is ridiculous and idiotic. JRipper knows very little about the healthcare system.

All you are doing is picking some flash point politics and using rhetoric to inflame the masses, ie practicing for your political career.
    It would be a short lived political career if word got out about his conspiracy believing.

Comment

what about hospitals and doctors?

what about prescription companies and pharmacies?

what about clinics?
      They deserve the money they earn to help people.

Insurance co's have no place in health care.

This is ridiculous and idiotic. JRipper knows very little about the healthcare system.

All you are doing is picking some flash point politics and using rhetoric to inflame the masses, ie practicing for your political career.
      I know enough to see that its ****ed up right now.

And that the main problem is insurance co's.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        The insurance companies would provide a means for lower income people to access the enhanced healthcare otherwise available only to the rich. It's an option, not a life or death option, but an option all the same.

As for a tax on Wall Street, I have no issue with tax hikes for the wealthy in general, but in practice the result is often that the wealthy use their wealth to hide their money and tax revenues fall as a result.

In principle sure, tax away. In practice I think it's doomed to failure.
        Yeah, these guys don't pay any taxes as it is on all their turnover which is in the billions and sometimes trillions a year.

And then they move their money to the Cayman Islands to protect it from being taxed again.

I know it would be hard, but this is exactly the kind of corruption and illegality that we have to go after.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Rossa View Post
          Yeah, these guys don't pay any taxes as it is on all their turnover which is in the billions and sometimes trillions a year.

And then they move their money to the Cayman Islands to protect it from being taxed again.

I know it would be hard, but this is exactly the kind of corruption and illegality that we have to go after.
          The existence of tax havens is the main reason such a thing wouldn't work. Of course if we were to get that one world government you hate the idea of, then all would be well...

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            The existence of tax havens is the main reason such a thing wouldn't work. Of course if we were to get that one world government you hate the idea of, then all would be well...
            World government wouldn't be a bad thing if it was done in an accountable and transparent way.

The way its headed now is a totally centralized, top down, diffuse, supranational monster.

Comment

Working...
            X