No announcement yet.

So let's talk about Paul Williams and the Hall of Fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Why would I do that? Dont want to confuse the common sense majority with some random sporadic fight pick.

No sir, you stay in your own lane, we beg of you.
    Whoa... Don't worry, I have no plans on ever crossing into your lane.

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
      Whoa... Don't worry, I have no plans on ever crossing into your lane.
      I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend it.
        LMAO!

E-Thug?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Can any one who knows more than me about the HOF, name some fighters you thought were lesser fighters than Williams, accomplished less, etc?

I see this Barry guy being mentioned, why is he so bad? Why didn't he deserve to be in the HOF?[genuinely asking].

Any other HOF'ers who don't belong there?
          Laszlo Pappi doesn't belong there in my opinion. He's in based on being a two time Olympic gold medalist and the fact his country wouldn't let him fight professionally any more. Probably WOULD have been outstanding, but his professional achievements don't warrant induction in my opinion. Jess Willard is another who stands out and doesn't belong. Would have to come over their list to come up with more.

Comment

His best win is against Martinez. Thats pretty bad ass if you ask me. How many guys hold wins over The P4P #3 fighter in the world ( in his prime ) ? Nobody

Comment

I wouldn't recommend it.
              Lamo!! You're a d*ck!
              Last edited by JAB5239; 05-30-2012, 01:41 AM.

Comment

LMAO!

E-Thug?
                Says the guy whose name is badass.

/end

Comment

Says the guy whose name is badass.

/end
                  It's a game handle from my HS days

Comment

It's a game handle from my HS days
                    I don't care.

Comment

• Originally posted by badass316 View Post
                      I'm using those phrases because I think they aptly apply to what I'm trying to say. Castillo and Chico have far better resumes than Paul in my opinion. That doesn't mean I think Paul is ****, because he's not.

And to me he's not even close to being a HOF. What's wrong with that? His resume is significantly lacking in my opinion. The majority of the people in this thread think that his best win is against Martinez. And at the time Martinez was still a relative unknown the majority of the boxing world, and it was a fight many thought he lost. In fact if I remember correctly, it seemed like there were more people in this MB that felt like he lost that fight.

Paul was a good fighter, but I think he's not even close to being a HOF. And from the few pages I've read, I'm not alone in that subject matter.
                      Ummm..Despite being a relatively unknown fighter at the time, just seen as a very good fighter, a top guy, one of the best in the division[just like Martinez] with on a long win streak, it is arguable that Bernard Hopkins was Roy Jones best win. Arguable. Because, of what he went on to do in his whole career.

I say arguable of course because there's also James Toney. but that's a different subject.

So what Martinez went on to do in his career, really makes him stand out in Paul Williams resume. What Margarito went on to do after losing to Williams, he beat Cotto and that's about it. Martinez has become The Ring champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X