No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chat With Tyson Delivers Vintage, Stunning “Iron” Mike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chat With Tyson Delivers Vintage, Stunning “Iron” Mike

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - I didn’t know exactly what to expect from Mike Tyson.

I was in my teenage years during his wheelhouse time in the heavyweight division, and I’ve heard all the arguments from those in my generation who either rate him very high – or significantly less so – on the list of the division’s all-time greats.

Of course, bundled with his menacing in-ring hit parade on the ESPN, ABC and HBO broadcasts of my youth, I also had a televised front-row seat for the instances where the man-child’s off-hours behavior strayed quite a ways closer to one extreme than the other.

An allegation here, an arrest there, an ear bite here, an “I want to eat his children” interview there; it was all par for the course for “Iron Mike” back then, and I have to admit it left me questioning exactly what direction a solo interaction with him might take.

Would I get remnants of the angry young man from the ’90s, the goofy cameo guy from The Hangover of a few years back or the renaissance raconteur from the last several months whose name has been attached to stage shows, documentaries, and, in his latest incarnation, a promotional company?

Turns out I got a little of all of them. [Click Here To Read More]

Nice to see Mike doing well. Still bat ***** crazy tho. Could you imagine Prime Tyson in today's HW division?!

Comment

Why all the Tyson attention on a felon?

Mike Tyson should not brought up until the prison felon makes amends for his abuse of drugs-woman-alcohol and the general public. Disgraceful yet sad. Appalling

Comment

Originally posted by JamesEarl View Post
        Mike Tyson should not brought up until the prison felon makes amends for his abuse of drugs-woman-alcohol and the general public. Disgraceful yet sad. Appalling
        really?

the man has made amends, he served 3 yrs in prison, pretty much lost almost every dollar he's ever made from fighting, has publicly apologized on numerous occasions, truly feels like shyt and probably despises the old mike tyson, and animals like u wish him dead. what more do u want from the man?

y don't u put urself in his position? he's a product of his environment, was pretty much raised on the streets, didn't have a father, the closest thing he had to a father died when he was still a teenager, he was set up for failure

now im not saying that what mike did is justified because he's a celebrity but can't u see that he's fully reformed his ways? something that only a hand full of convicted rapists and lunatics can say? yes, mike tyson was a lunatic, and maybe he still is, but he's suffered enough

i for one commend this guy not for the mistakes he's made, and he's made a lot of bad ones, but for overcoming his flaws and completely changing himself for the better, something u probably can never do, u should be ashamed of urself for not forgiving, ur appalling

i forgive u mike

Comment

Agreed . I forgive you to mike.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesEarl View Post
            Abuse of women?! are you serious? do you realize the scum bag whores hes dealt with in life that helped destroy him? are you a ****sexual? I know obviously youre white and are disgusted by any black man in power by your post this much is obvious but are you some bra burning sissy or something? you have no idea what reality is. walk a week no a day in his shoes and tell me you wouldnt be much worse off than him. youd probably be locked up for life or dead or a basehead roaming the streets you judgemental piece of ****. how dare you pass judgement on him and what hes been thru. id break your feminine jaw if you were around me. People like you disgust me and have no idea what the other side of life is or is about. youre a soft punk man. youd be made somebodies woman if youre not already one.

Comment

And he didnt rape that whore. The prosecutor even said that was the worstly tried case hes ever been apart of and the evidence was terrible not to mention she lied once before about rape so her father wouldnt find out she wasnt a virgin :smh:

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK JR. View Post
                And he didnt rape that whore. The prosecutor even said that was the worstly tried case hes ever been apart of and the evidence was terrible not to mention she lied once before about rape so her father wouldnt find out she wasnt a virgin :smh:
                I kinda think he was falsely accused. only mike knows for sure though

Comment

always loved mike always will.

Comment

Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
                    Nice to see Mike doing well. Still bat ***** crazy tho. Could you imagine Prime Tyson in today's HW division?!
                    yeah I can..................

and that includes the bros.................true story!

Comment

Working...
                    X