Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your opinion on suicide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've known a couple of people who committed suicide.

Someone I went to high school with named John, a year older than myself, took his own life.

When he was 18 he had everything going for him: graduated with top grades, won a scholarship to university, had been senior high school chess champion, and had a beautiful girlfriend. Both his divorced parents owned property and he was an only son.

Then he was in a fire that summer, and suffered severe scarring. He came out of it looking like a freak. Even after plastic surgery, people would stare at him, he looked like something out of a horror movie.

So he decided to commit suicide at about age 20. But his family stopped him, and he was in and out of a psych ward for the next couple of years. Finally, about two years ago at the age of 24, he rented a car and used it to carbon monoxide himself to death.

I talked to him several times during his miserable years as a severely scarred burn victim. He lost his girlfriend after a while. He went to university about a year after the fire, but couldn't concentrate well enough to keep up with the work. His life was ruined - he was unhappy, but not really depressed. He just didn't want to go through life as a damaged person. But they made John's life even more miserable by putting him in the psych ward over and over again, just because he had made the decision to end his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Someone I went to high school with named John, a year older than myself, took his own life.

When he was 18 he had everything going for him: graduated with top grades, won a scholarship to university, had been senior high school chess champion, and had a beautiful girlfriend. Both his divorced parents owned property and he was an only son.

Then he was in a fire that summer, and suffered severe scarring. He came out of it looking like a freak. Even after plastic surgery, people would stare at him, he looked like something out of a horror movie.

So he decided to commit suicide at about age 20. But his family stopped him, and he was in and out of a psych ward for the next couple of years. Finally, about two years ago at the age of 24, he rented a car and used it to carbon monoxide himself to death.

I talked to him several times during his miserable years as a severely scarred burn victim. He lost his girlfriend after a while. He went to university about a year after the fire, but couldn't concentrate well enough to keep up with the work. His life was ruined - he was unhappy, but not really depressed. He just didn't want to go through life as a damaged person. But they made John's life even more miserable by putting him in the psych ward over and over again, just because he had made the decision to end his life.
      That's a sad story that , r.i.p .

Comment

It seems to me like suicide is the result of feeling helpless, perhaps alone, and possibly tormented in a spiritual sense. It's sad, yet a part of life as many people take their life every year.

Perhaps one can appear happy, energetic, or joyful around you, which is the complete opposite of how one perceives suicidal people to be. Yet, humans go through many different types of mental states, which means ones perception, and view of the world changes, as a result of chemical reactions, or predisposed concepts of the world. Hence, why their are bi-polar people etc. One can go from being sad to angry in a flash; which means one can easily be happy, and cheerful, and suddenly turn depressed, or helplessly.

Suicide is a very complex topic. My opinion on it is to not have an opinion on it.

but who all up in hurrr agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Damn man, sad stuff.

Comment

Found this vid about suicide man for christian's about hell.

Comment

Working...
            X