No announcement yet.

This forum is ridiculous sometimes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
    Styles make fights and I STILL think Cotto is a bigger threat to Mayweather than Margarito. It was just a bad style matchup for Cotto.
    I agree because Cotto would probably land some punches, but neither guy is anywhere near Floyd's level. we all know that now. case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
      Most people here don't seem to know boxing and just follow whatever they want blindly.
      Calling Cotto a bum (which is absurd and extremely disrespectful I might add), and saying he isn't elite at WW, etc; These comments are just idiotic. Yeah he beat a past his prime Mosley, what has Mayweather done at Welter? And how many fighters would you honestly pick to beat Mosley on that night? I wouldn't be able to pick many, but Cotto proved alot of people wrong and he did it. He lost a hard fight to Margarito, so how does that dramatically decrease his stock at this point? Stylistically he was at a huge disadvantage, he tried different things so what do you want him to do? I guess most of these people never saw the Foreman-Frazier fights. Credit to Cotto for taking the fight.
      And how in the world does this fight show what a Mayweather fight against either of these two would like? Neither fighter is anything like Mayweather and the fights cannot be compared, simple as that. Margarito was getting outboxed by Cotto for a few rounds, that in no way implies Mayweather would do the same to Margarito for 12 rounds. On the other side, Cotto losing to Margarito does not show me much reason to say he would get destroyed by Mayweather. It doesn't work that way.
      Cotto may not be the same fighter he was before last night, but I hope he can be or even be better, but regardless people are twisting things around like crazy.
      Good post Brockton!

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
        I agree because Cotto would probably land some punches, but neither guy is anywhere near Floyd's level. we all know that now. case closed
        How do "we" know this? Floyd hasn't fought any welterweights on their level. And please don't go ranting about a 34 year old promoter who fought part time. That is hardly a comparison. Foyd is great, but he never showed it against another great welterweight. Case closed.

Comment

I can't think of any great welterweights out there unless you're referring to Paul Williams

Comment

Not to be disrespectful, but Cotto was as overrated as it gets
            You should quit watching boxing now....

Comment

good post Brockton lip, props to margarito for being a warrior and props to cottto for also being a warrior and having the balls to face margarito unlike floyd, shane, and dlh

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                How do "we" know this? Floyd hasn't fought any welterweights on their level. And please don't go ranting about a 34 year old promoter who fought part time. That is hardly a comparison. Foyd is great, but he never showed it against another great welterweight. Case closed.
                if thats the case, then anyone fighting oscar and beating him, weather margarito or cotto, should get the same amount of credit.

Comment

Every Arguello has his Pryor...De La Hoya his Mosley.. Forrest - Mayorga...Mosley-Wright...etc, etc

Comment

The only way it would be case closed is if Mayweather actually got in the ring with either of them....and beat them.
                    But he ducked them both and fought the champ from 140 instead.
                    You are a ****ing clown son.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                      if thats the case, then anyone fighting oscar and beating him, weather margarito or cotto, should get the same amount of credit.
                      Absolutey. Oscar is still a decent fighter, but I wouldn't put him on the same level as Margs Cotto or Floyd. He is strictly a pick and choose figher besed on a dollar amount.

Comment

Working...
                      X