• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***The TRUTH About Wlad v. Tony***

Let me make a few things clear before you begin reading:

A) Im NOT a Wlad hater...

B) I actually put real money on Wlad to win

However Wlad was in trouble early in this fight...not in a sense of being hurt/knocked down/out but in trouble in a sense that he was close to being outboxed by a very unlikely opponent.

Tony COULD HAVE won this fight...or at the least forced a close decision (win or lose)...early on in the fight tony was working the body and not letting wlad have an edge but somewhere between the 5th and 7th round he gave up and let wlad have his way.

Through 6 rounds (i didnt keep an actual on paper scorecard) but it was either even or extremely close to even...

I didnt expect tony to come on so well...the body attack was really working for him...if he kept it up he could have forced a split decision (win or lose)...

however he basically gave up.

Props to wlad for hanging in there...

and props to tony for putting up a WAY better fight than i expected...before this fight i thought wlad puts him out within 5...he went 11...and could have turned it around...

what are your thoughts on this fight?

I think some jack ass is going to give you red karma for having an opinion. Probably someone named Scott who is a known ****** on this forum. He's also known to **** prostitutes and smoke crack.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
      Let me make a few things clear before you begin reading:

A) Im NOT a Wlad hater...

B) I actually put real money on Wlad to win

However Wlad was in trouble early in this fight...not in a sense of being hurt/knocked down/out but in trouble in a sense that he was close to being outboxed by a very unlikely opponent.

Tony COULD HAVE won this fight...or at the least forced a close decision (win or lose)...early on in the fight tony was working the body and not letting wlad have an edge but somewhere between the 5th and 7th round he gave up and let wlad have his way.

Through 6 rounds (i didnt keep an actual on paper scorecard) but it was either even or extremely close to even...

I didnt expect tony to come on so well...the body attack was really working for him...if he kept it up he could have forced a split decision (win or lose)...

however he basically gave up.

Props to wlad for hanging in there...

and props to tony for putting up a WAY better fight than i expected...before this fight i thought wlad puts him out within 5...he went 11...and could have turned it around...

what are your thoughts on this fight?
      even through the 6 round u must be stupid

Comment

The thing about when a boxer stops doing what is working, is that it is usually not just spontaneous... it's usually caused by something.

Wladimir may have started showing a better defense to the body than we all saw, and maybe Thompson picked up on it or something.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfWarII View Post
          I think some jack ass is going to give you red karma for having an opinion.
          probably...but its my opinion that you couldnt honestly say tony only won one of the rounds (like harold lederman had it)...i thought he was nuts.

I mean tony out punched wlad...out landed wlad...and obviously did it at a higher percentage...

i dont care if every punch wasnt a haymaker intended to knock wlad out...he did his job and was outboxing him early on...

wlad landed less shots; sure they were harder punches but thats not what boxing is...

boxing isn't, "whoever hits harder should win"...

i dont like or hate either boxer...so i dont think my opinion is biased...im just telling it as i saw it.

Comment

He won more then one round and he kept the fight close at times even the rounds wlad won, I didn't think he exactly destroyed Tony like the announcers were claiming. Alot of those punches were hitting tonys gloves though, his punches did get through at times he didn't destroy nothing tonight even with the ko.

Comment

hey this is on tonight right?!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
                probably...but its my opinion that you couldnt honestly say tony only won one of the rounds (like harold lederman had it)...i thought he was nuts.

I mean tony out punched wlad...out landed wlad...and obviously did it at a higher percentage...

i dont care if every punch wasnt a haymaker intended to knock wlad out...he did his job and was outboxing him early on...

wlad landed less shots; sure they were harder punches but thats not what boxing is...

boxing isn't, "whoever hits harder should win"...

i dont like or hate either boxer...so i dont think my opinion is biased...im just telling it as i saw it.
                I've never understood the scoring criteria where power isn't factored into landed shots.

Sure, the harder puncher shouldn't always win, but a Mayorga haymaker should be scored more favorably than a Spinks straight left.

The Klitschko right should be (and was) scored more favorably than a Tony Thompson "power punch" which is basically just intended to make small amounts of contact.

Comment

Wlad obviously had problems with fighting the lefty. He couldnt land his jab, so all he was able to land early on was his right. Tony was able to see it coming because there was nothing to set it up, so Wlad had a hard time landing it for a while. Everytime Wlad hooked to the body he seemed worried about leaving himself open to counter so he didnt feel comfortable doing it much. Tony seemed to want to check Wlads chin early with some pressure and couldnt do it because Wlad would cover up/hold when he tried to. So Tony just tapped him where he could. Tony started getting caught more around the middle rounds and Wlad could see him slowing down both in what he threw and his movement. He began to be able to land a stiff jab to set things up off of and he began to totally take the fight over. Like Lennox said, Tony was ready to go a few rounds before it actually happened, and all Tony tried to do the 2nd half of the fight was bum rush Wlad and hope to make him do his "Oh ****!" panic and get caught with something and hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfWarII View Post
                    He won more then one round and he kept the fight close at times even the rounds wlad won, I didn't think he exactly destroyed Tony like the announcers were claiming. Alot of those punches were hitting tonys gloves though, his punches did get through at times he didn't destroy nothing tonight even with the ko.
                    if i remember correctly i DID give tony 3 rounds...they were all early rounds (6th round or earlier)...after that he basically quit and wlad starting to come on with it.

if tony stuck to the body punches and didnt get discouraged (seemed like he got discouraged by the look on his face inbetween rounds when wlad didnt start to fade)....he could have either won or got a close decision loss...

he sure didnt fight as bad as the odds said he would.

if he stuck to the body i think around the 8th or 9th wlad would have eventually ran out of steam...

he did a good job though...i give major props to tony. and harold ledermen must be blind...he did a terrible job scoring the fight.

i would definately like to see the judges scorecards at the time of stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                    X