Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 - 2010 Welterweights (Excluding Pac and May) Vs 2016 welters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's kinda hard to make some logical arguments in some of these match ups cause in reality we haven't seen much from today's WW's...

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      The Brook fight makes so much sense now.

Both fought MW's and got KTFO in 5/6 so fook it m8, do it at the 02
      In that case I'd have to root for Brook.

1) He's the more quiet of the two and more skilled.
      2) Khan denied me of a pic with him saying he would be back cause his bro was about to fight. Which was true but he never kept his word.

To this day I still use that as an excuse to root against him.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        In that case I'd have to root for Brook.

1) He's the more quiet of the two and more skilled.
        2) Khan denied me of a pic with him saying he would be back cause his bro was about to fight. Which was true but he never kept his word.

To this day I still use that as an excuse to root against him.

Comment

I have faith on prime margarito destroying all of them currents

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            The roster back in the day 8-9 years ago were

Antonio Margarito
            Paul Williams
            Joshua Clottey
            Miguel Cotto
            Shane Mosley
            Kermit Cintron

vs Today's Welterweights

Errol Spence
            Terrence Crawford
            Danny Garcia
            Keith Thurman
            Amir Khan
            Kell Brook

Which roster would win (Please discuss with logical view points)
            Forget Cintron, he was just ok and any of the guys today would have a chance at beating him.

Other than that, I can't even see the best of the lot (Crawford, who is actually 140 but whatever) beating the worst of the previous group, who was Clottey.

People are forgetting, those guys weren't just hard hitting and battle tested, they were big compared to most modern guys.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              It's kinda hard to make some logical arguments in some of these match ups cause in reality we haven't seen much from today's WW's...
              This is a good point. Khan is tested at 140 and has some decent wins at 147 but it's not like what Mosley/Cotto/Marg/Williams went through.

Thurman has one note worthy fight, Brook has one, Porter has a whopping 2 lol

Spence can probably match the older guys for size but is completely unproven.

Garcia...well he has Guerrero, whatever that means.

It's sad that all these guys range from 25-30 and apart from Khan and Garcia, don't even have an established career.

Pathetic.

Btw, why isn't Bradley being mentioned? He is clearly the best welter not names May or Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                This is a good point. Khan is tested at 140 and has some decent wins at 147 but it's not like what Mosley/Cotto/Marg/Williams went through.

Thurman has one note worthy fight, Brook has one, Porter has a whopping 2 lol

Spence can probably match the older guys for size but is completely unproven.

Garcia...well he has Guerrero, whatever that means.

It's sad that all these guys range from 25-30 and apart from Khan and Garcia, don't even have an established career.

Pathetic.

Btw, why isn't Bradley being mentioned? He is clearly the best welter not names May or Pac.
                Bradley is a cross generation fighter, he had been in the scene since 2008 eight where he was schooling everyone in 140, he was in the second half of the first generation and he is in the 1st half of the second generation, and also, bradley is retring, same as Pacquiao, so I could never put him as a "New Rosters" Of Welterweights

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  People are forgetting, those guys weren't just hard hitting and battle tested, they were big compared to most modern guys.
                  Were they really though? Cause my first thought was those guys would be so much bigger but maybe that's just a case of me smoking a lot more back then.

Overall great thread. Should have broken it up into like 5 different threads with like how would Margarito do against today's ww.

I give the edge to 08 but we're talking a lot off different match up and I'm too lazy to do the math.

Comment

Prime Cotto, loaded wraps Margarito, oversized Paul Williams and a Mosley that wasn't completely shot would be a lot to handle for some of the guys today.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                      Were they really though? Cause my first thought was those guys would be so much bigger but maybe that's just a case of me smoking a lot more back then.

Overall great thread. Should have broken it up into like 5 different threads with like how would Margarito do against today's ww.

I give the edge to 08 but we're talking a lot off different match up and I'm too lazy to do the math.
                      Porter is 5'6'', Thurman 5'7'', Khan 5'8''

Mosley was 5'9'', Marg as what, 5'10/11 and Williams was 6 foot. Cintron was a big lad too. Clottey as well, probably 5'9'', I remember he dwarfed Pacquiao.

Brook and Spence at 5'9'' are the only guys who are comparable and neither of them are truly tested, especially Spence.

Comment

Working...
                      X