Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cunningham didnt drop Fury....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not just the KD he suffered; it's the fact he was open to the overhand right all night. He's also been dropped in the past by the same punch, so the Cunningham KD wasn't just a fluke.

I think Fury has a chance if he makes it through the first 4 - 6 rounds, but with his defensive lapses and Hayes speed and power combination, I doubt Fury's still standing by round 6.

Comment

of course.

no matter if he hurt him or not cunningham was still hitting fury at will early in the fight and taking him to school. nobody can get away with that against haye for long, so his only chance would be to catch haye first. but haye has very good defense himself by HW standards and just like fury couldnt get out of the way of steves shots he couldnt land his own.

even if i overlook the fact that cunningham dropped him i just dont see how he is gonna catch haye, avoid hayes shots or take them well. the fact that cunningham actually hurt him when he landed just makes me think the KO will be more brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I might give Fury a better chance if he had not been dropped and hurt by an average puncher. I would still pick Haye.I don't believe Fury went down because he did not expect a hard punch. The fact that he knows Haye hits hard won't save him from getting KOed in my opinion. You can either take a hard punch or you can't. You can't just decide you won't get hurt or go down because you expect a hard punch. Cunningham showed that Fury can be hurt and Haye hits much harder and faster than Cunningham.When Haye catches him with bombs I believe he will go down and out whether he is expecting to get hit hard or not.He could always knock Haye out first. Haye does not have a real good chin.
        Haye's chin at HW doesn't seem nearly as bad as it was at Cruiserweight. He took some bombs from Wlad in that fight, and hardly seem phased by them

Comment

Haye is better,faster and more skilled then Fury who is not that good at all,thats why people are picking Haye by ko

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            of course.

no matter if he hurt him or not cunningham was still hitting fury at will early in the fight and taking him to school. nobody can get away with that against haye for long, so his only chance would be to catch haye first. but haye has very good defense himself by HW standards and just like fury couldnt get out of the way of steves shots he couldnt land his own.

even if i overlook the fact that cunningham dropped him i just dont see how he is gonna catch haye, avoid hayes shots or take them well. the fact that cunningham actually hurt him when he landed just makes me think the KO will be more brutal.
            I'm sure i'm nitpicking here, but Haye's defence isn't anything special - he keeps his left hand really low most of the time. It's his phenomenal (especially for a HW) head and lateral movements which keep Haye almost unhittable for most of the round.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              I would still pick Haye, Fury just isn't very good or talented.
              Yup pretty much this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Actually, a lot of people were starting to see Fury as perhaps being a legit prospect after the Kevin Johnson fight, but the diabolical performance vs Cunningham and he's back at square 1

Comment

He also got dropped by another dude, forgot his name.

Comment

I think haye may well drop Fury at some point, but I don't think he'll stop him. I expect Fury to drop Haye as well if the fight goes on long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      I think haye may well drop Fury at some point, but I don't think he'll stop him. I expect Fury to drop Haye as well if the fight goes on long enough.
                      People say oh well fury got dropped by cunningham

yeah well Haye got dropped by Mock

this guy

Comment

Working...
                      X