No announcement yet.

Isn't it about time HBO dump the Geriatrics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    I'd pay money to have Hopkins, Jones & Tarver commentate. Would be hilarious
    no dubt...thats the DREAM TEAM right there lol...imagine how many disagreements and arguements they would have...oh man!!

somebody gets schooled for the whole fight and I can hear B.Hop around the 10th round telling Tarver "this is sort of like the ass whooping I gave you AC"...or whan somebody gets KTFO....Tarver to Roy "thats reminiscence to the way I caught you" ....would be fun to hear them go at it lol

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      I know we've grown to love these guys but I'm in favor of dumping all of them and get new blood in there. I always want to see new presentation, something to spice things up.
      young anchors have a way of presenting action that is appealing to new and young fans...I agree with this post, boxing needs new blood.

Comment

I Think they should keep Lampley. To me he is the voice of HBO and I have no problem with him on there..

Merchant is funny as hell though (If i were 50 years younger I'd kick your ass! ), but yes he does mumble on a bit too much these days. And Steward is just annoying if you ask me, analyzing a fight 30 seconds in, etc..

as for Kellerman i don't even know what to say, he gotta go even though he is not old.

Comment

I don't understand how people can hate Kellerman

He is very professional and loves what he does

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            While his brain is still intact. I would like for Roy to take over Steward's position, cuz he tends to repeat the same things over and over throughout a match.
            I generally like Steward okay.... but man on Saturday night during the Chavez/Rubio fight he had me cringing from the very beginning. It was only the middle of the second round, and here's Steward saying "Rubio better pick it up, he's already way behind on the score cards." It wasn't even the end of the 2nd round yet, FFS.

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Gus Johnson on Showtime, seems to be excited for BOTH FIGHTERS, he was going crazy for Orlando Salido during the Juan Manuel Lopez fight...and that is how it should be, the Play By Play guy should not be "BIAS"
            I dunno Sick.... Gus is another very excitable guy. Seems like every frikken time a guy gets hit, he's yelling at the top of his lungs "HE'S HURT! SO AND SO IS HURT!!!" It drives me bonkers.

TBH... I personally can't take much more of Lampley. He might know his stuff - and all those other things that some really like about the guy but man... he's just way too over the top anymore. He is SUCH a bias commentator when he has a clear favorite in mind... so much so that he's usually talking OVER the action, about God knows what (even to the point of sounding irritated that the action in the ring interupted what he was saying), and very rarely even makes note of the good work the other fighter is doing. He also comes off like the type that needs constant confirmation of his opinions, from the other commentators. Ugh... I just can hardly stomach him anymore, to the point of having to mute a large majority of the fights (esp. the ones where he's nuthuggin to the hilts) and I'm starting to resent the fact that I have to mute out the sounds of the sport that I enjoy watching/listening to so much. Having the sound off really changes the excitement of the fight to a pretty high degree for me.

Comment

People voting to get rid of Lamps, Merchant and Manny are all fools. Boxing will suck just a little bit when all we have is Bob Papa and Max. I'm laughing out loud here at some of you wanting Foreman and Jones to come back. Foreman contradicted himself the ENTIRE fight EVERY SINGLE TIME OUT, and came off like he didn't know jack **** about the sport. Roy just uses HBO as a way to promote God every two seconds. As for why Max hasn't replaced Larry, they tried that. The public outrage brought Larry back. Do some research for ****s sake.
              Last edited by Motofan; 02-07-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Kellerman, Jones, and then someone else new would be good.

Comment

Can you imagine if they had Skip Bayless (in the role of Lampley)???? That would be crazy.

Comment

Merchant has got to go, he just has to. The guy takes 3 minutes to ask a question and by the time he's done you can tell the fighter just wants to leave. Then you think after 2-3 questions you think he is done, then he'll ask 2-3 more. If he is on a broadcast that is not PPV I DV-R that **** and FF the interviews. There is a reason people retire before 70, you just can't do the same **** anymore, age is a mother ****er.

Max is badass, people are haters nothing more. He is so ANTI-Lampley it's refreshing... well at least in the sense that at least he roots for the other fighter or makes it seem that way which means he's doing his job. I used to like Steward but now he has to go, he did terrible in the Cotto/Marg fight and last saturday as well. Just bring over Tarver from Showtime, he just the "fighter/trainer" role perfectly, very informative information and unbiased at least from what I've seen.

Lampley is a cheerleader but **** it, he is the voice of boxing if you ask me. They all are but Steward and ESPECIALLY Merchant have won out there welcome. Who ever said Gus Johnson, you are delusional a guy could land a solid jab and he would go into black woman win the lottery hysterical mode Lampley is bad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      Watch the broadcast last weekend and it was getting cringe worthy, with the amount of mistakes, mumbling of words waiting, "what seems a lifetime for Merchant to get his words out.

Lampley, Merchant and even Steward did a pretty poor job.

Saying Alvarez instead of Vasquez, getting the super batamweight division mixed up with the featherweight and many other errors throughout the broadcast.

They seemed slow to keep up with the action as well and just out of touch. In their day they did a great job, but now they need to be put out to pasture and bring in some fresh blood.

Kellerman, RJJ and another should be the new first choice team and the switch should be made as soon as possible.
                      I made this same thread awhile ago and people called me a fool for hating.

Comment

Working...
                      X