No announcement yet.

Celebrating Floyd Mayweather's 5 Year Anniversary at the Welterweight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hottamale View Post
    I don't give a **** about you, who are you? A nobody. Learn the sport of boxing. Listen, I'm THE greatest of all time. /Floyd
    Greatest what...

Greatest *****?

Comment

Originally posted by skipperman View Post
      Yeah. and he chose Marquez to fight at welterweight. which he CHEATED by the way.
      The Marquez fight was to show that Mayweather was a bigger draw than Pacquiao. Pac-Marquez did around 400k, Mayweather-Marquez did 1m.
      Now I'm not defending the fight, I haven't watched it and I never will.

He hardly cheated, the agreement was 144, Mayweather told Marquez he couldn't make the limit offered to pay the fine and Marquez agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamantium View Post
        Cotto was a undefeated Champion at 140 lbs, he is just as guilty as Mayweather for not making the fight happen at 147. He never called out Mayweather nor did he give Arum the go ahead to make the fight. How can you turn down an offer that hasnt been made?

I was no fan of this fight, but there is more to it than meets the eye. Both Arum and Roach were saying that Floyd would have to accept a 65-35 split, by fighting Marquez Floyd showed that all his fights with common Manny opponents did more ppv. Which is why they now agree to a 50-50 split. A week ago Roach openly said that they have no problem with the OST, now they have changed their mind. So if this fight falls through I blame team Pac.

That's what Arum said, funny he never said that stuff when Floyd was signed with him. But as I said before how can you reject offers that were never made. Neither Clottely or Williams were his mandatories nor are they big draws
        Why does everyone though have to be a big draw for them to fight floyd. I mean lets be serious here if it wasn't for the de la hoya fight, people that are casual fans really wouldn't care to see him fight. Why don't u do what gatti did for you floyd and give these guys a fight like a clottey or a williams. He should repay the sport back with these types of fights. Sick of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumakwel View Post
          5 years at Welterweight

Best Fighter he fought: Baldomir

Floyd's Hitlist

Khan, Lightweight Marquez, Matthew Hatton, Dimitri Saltia

Floyd's ducking List

Antonio Margarito
          Miguel Cotto
          Shane Mosley
          Manny Pacquiao
          Paul Williams
          Joshua Clottey

PS: Retirement was successful of avoiding these guys. All Talk No Balls!
          5 years of DUCKING BUSINESS watta SHAME.

Comment

The Marquez fight was to show that Mayweather was a bigger draw than Pacquiao. Pac-Marquez did around 400k, Mayweather-Marquez did 1m.
            Now I'm not defending the fight, I haven't watched it and I never will.

He hardly cheated, the agreement was 144, Mayweather told Marquez he couldn't make the limit offered to pay the fine and Marquez agreed.
            he cheated come one 2 pounds and on 24/7 he was drinking soda so right there tells you he didn't care about making weight. Did Miguel Cotto come in at the catchweight? Yes he did you want to nkow why he is a proffesional and Floyd is a clown

Comment

Originally posted by oside4life View Post
              Why does everyone though have to be a big draw for them to fight floyd.I mean lets be serious here if it wasn't for the de la hoya fight, people that are casual fans really wouldn't care to see him fight. Why don't u do what gatti did for you floyd and give these guys a fight like a clottey or a williams. He should repay the sport back with these types of fights. Sick of it.
              I agree with you, the biggest names are not always the best fighters. I wanted Mayweather-Cotto instead of Mayweather-Hatton or Mayweather Oscar II. I would of also preferred Mayweather-Mosely instead of Mayweather Marquez.

Comment

I agree with you, the biggest names are not always the best fighters. I wanted Mayweather-Cotto instead of Mayweather-Hatton or Mayweather Oscar II. I would of also preferred Mayweather-Mosely instead of Mayweather Marquez.
                Thankyou it just frustrates me because this guy has so much talent and we can see it against the best fighters in our generation

Comment

Originally posted by oside4life View Post
                  he cheated come one 2 pounds and on 24/7 he was drinking soda so right there tells you he didn't care about making weight. Did Miguel Cotto come in at the catchweight? Yes he did you want to know why he is a proffesional and Floyd is a clown
                  Cotto was special but he didn't check Margarito's wraps and that error practically ended his career.
                  Last edited by Adamantium; 12-28-2009, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Cotto was special but he didn't check Margarito's wraps and that error practically ended his career.
                    NO it ruined it i'm glad he got another good win against a solid ww in clottey. But i do feel robbed sometimes with cotto cause of the july 26, 2008 fight and the terrible corner behind him.

Comment

I'll have 10k right now with anybody that Floyd fights one of the guys he is supposedly ducking (Williams, Mosley, Berto, Clottey, Cotto, Margarito) next. Put your money where your mouth is haters

Comment

Working...
                      X