Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins. "Money" Mayweather. RIGHT NOW: who has the better resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins obviously. Not a knock on Floyd's it's just Hopkins resume is simply better. I'd say Pac's resume is probably better too, but that doesn't mean Floyd isn't the best fighter. It's unfair to criticize Floyd because he doesn't have the greatest resume. For the most part he fought the guys he was supposed to fight. My only gripe with Floyd's career was his "retirement" when 147 was so damn hot. It really would have done wonders if he was the one that fought Cotto in his prime, Mosley when he was a bit younger (although Mosley did turn down a Floyd fight at one point), Paul Williams, hell even Kermit Cintron at one point looked extremely promising (pre Margarito taking his soul).

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      That was one fight.

Hopkins defendes his MW title against loads of bums inckuding Hakkar.

Why not talk about that?
      ok then... so winning via sucker punch, boring fights and majority decisions fighting bums made him greater than hopkins, right?

Comment

Hopkins has plenty of losses, mostly against elite opponents but still. Mayweather also faced plenty of elite opponents and he didn't lose yet against any of them. First Castillo fight has been brought up a lots of time but still if I count that a loss then that's just 1 loss compared to Hopkins' 7 losses.
        Last edited by HEND; 02-18-2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
          ok then... so winning via sucker punch, boring fights and majority decisions fighting bums made him greater than hopkins, right?
          Hopkins sucker punched Atwun Echols in the second fight and then stopped him right after.

But you didn't know that because you've never seen that fight.

Hopkins lost to average fighters like Jermain Taylor and was dominated by Chad Dawson. He had a draw with Mercado.

Hopkins also has been in some EXTREMELY boring fights.

So everything you're saying about Floyd there you can say the same for Hopkins.

I don't respond to you usually because you obviously know nothing at all about boxing but you are a prime example of the problem with this forum. Too many people like yourself post all the time with ridiculous posts because you literally know absolutely nothing of the sport.

Comment

After Floyd embarasses Manny, it will be Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              After Floyd embarasses Manny, it will be Floyd.
              ^^^this....

Comment

lol Bhops resume has nothing on Mayweather's. Those are the cold hard facts.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                  Hopkins obviously. Not a knock on Floyd's it's just Hopkins resume is simply better. I'd say Pac's resume is probably better too, but that doesn't mean Floyd isn't the best fighter. It's unfair to criticize Floyd because he doesn't have the greatest resume. For the most part he fought the guys he was supposed to fight. My only gripe with Floyd's career was his "retirement" when 147 was so damn hot. It really would have done wonders if he was the one that fought Cotto in his prime, Mosley when he was a bit younger (although Mosley did turn down a Floyd fight at one point), Paul Williams, hell even Kermit Cintron at one point looked extremely promising (pre Margarito taking his soul).
                  In which world is Hopkins' resume 'simply better'? Floyd has wins over something like 20 past/current/future champions, as well as upwards 10 HOFamers incl. some ATGs. Hopkins' resume doesn't stack up at all. If you look at their combined top 10 wins, I'd say maybe Hopkins' win over Trinidad will be the best, but after that I dare say Floyd has almost every other win except the Pavlik & Tarver wins. Especially considering the Pavlik fight was heavily favoring Hopkins in weight, that fight would be bottom top 10. If Floyd beats Pacquiao, that'll clearly come in at #1.

Hopkins lost to the best fighters he faced, except Tito Trinidad and Tarver. Lost to guys like Chad Dawson & Joe Calzaghe and has a draw against Pascal.

I've had this discussion many times, and always fail to get a good explanation how Hopkins could ever have a better resume than Floyd.

Comment

I think if Floyd stops Manny his resume will surpass B-Hops.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      Have you changed your mind?

Comment

Working...
                      X