Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    *Sigh* People have a hard time understanding certain things because they look at it through the eyes of a peasant.

Winner gets 60% is essentially betting 20% of the purse on your victory. In the Mayweather v Pacquiao fight that would amount to upwards of 10 million. Important rule of gambling is not to let your ego influence financial decisions, same applies to any investment really.

Things can happen in the ring, clash of heads forcing a TD, premature stoppage, freak knock out, robbery etc. We've seen enough controversial decisions over the years for people to know better. Even if Pacquiao beats him fair and square from a business point of view he shouldn't receive the bigger slice. Mayweather beat De La Hoya fair and square who was paid more? Pacquiao beat De La Hoya fair and square who was paid more?

The end of the day sensible business comes before you ego, especially when you're dealing in the millions.
    No to mention that amount of money at play makes corruption more likely because one could justify paying out millions to get that 20% more which is much bigger sum. It is a very silly idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      Or how about this cancel that fight NOW and go after Floyd. Same old shyt with this camp.
      Why, so he can request another outdoor stadium to be built. Makes me wonder the outdoor venue he and Bradley fought at looked eerily similar to MGM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeus Molecules View Post
        The trend is to bring up Mayweather in order to drum up interest in whatever fight Pacquiao is currently promoting. I've counted at least 6 different occasions where Pac, Roach, Koncz, and Arum have mentioned Mayweather since they've announced the Pac vs Marquez fight.

I'm really getting tired of this broken record. Arum, Pac, and Mayweather need to all cut the b.s. and get it done.

floyd does the exact damn thing. floyd announcing the marquez fight during pac v hatton. its a two way street. You're just on the other side of the fence. This here goes both ways.

Comment

• well after some ****ty performances..

guess you gotta sell something right pac?

too bad Marquez will expose you once again

Comment

• Originally posted by davis828 View Post
            Right on time! What makes it pathetic is nobody even cares now. All falls on deaf ears.
            People care, just no one is changing their minds and people will try and shout down people who try to talk about it or call them names.

It really isn't worth the effort unless you have a bunch of time to kill.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              You see if Floyd were to come out and say something like "when me and Pacquiao were on the phone he asked me, what would happen if the drug tests came up positive"

If Floyd would say something like that, nobody would believe it which is why I really don't believe what Manny is saying.

I don't believe what person A would say about person B and vice versa, when they don't like each other
              True indeed. Stephen A. knows nothing about boxing anyway. It's cringeworthy just hearing what he and the other guy say on FT.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                People care, just no one is changing their minds and people will try and shout down people who try to talk about it or call them names.

It really isn't worth the effort unless you have a bunch of time to kill.
                I don't know if they care, the hype train has died down tremendously (finally). Casual fans have almost withdrawn from the notion that this spectacle will actually come to pass. So when casual Stephen A gives them some more he say/she say, they won't want to hear it.

Comment

I don't know if they care, the hype train has down tremendously (finally). Casual fans have almost withdrawn from the notion that this spectacle will actually come to pass. So when casual Stephen A gives them some more he say/she say, they won't want to hear it.
                  It will all for the most part come back if they are signed to fight, at least if Manny wins against JMM.

That is the thing bout boxing feeling and opinions turn on a dime, I think this would work the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    It will all for the most part come back if they are signed to fight, at least if Manny wins against JMM.

That is the thing bout boxing feeling and opinions turn on a dime, I think this would work the same.
                    Yeah, you're right. If he looks impressive against the 39-year old. Can't wait to gear up for the next excuse!

Comment

Yeah, you're right. If he looks impressive against the 39-year old. Can't wait to gear up for the next excuse!
                      I don't think he even has to look impressive~ although that would certainly help in rallying his base.

I just think people would get sucked in and caught up, look what a couple minutes of video does when there is no chance of the fight coming off soon. It gets announced lots of people would flip out, which in turn would get others exciting which would slowly get even the most jaded caring about the fight. Mob mentality at it's finest.

Comment

Working...
                      X