No announcement yet.

Religious people! Come in here!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Bhahahahaha, wow. You really just don't have a clue do you? And i'm not making fun of you or anything so don't take it the wrong way. My friend, God cares about us all. If he didn't then you'd already be dead by now. He has a plan for you. Just seek him and ask him what it is.
    The Pot calling the Kettle black.

Tsk Tsk TSK @ at some peoples thought process.

No wonder this planet in general is so ****ed up, and you would be what I call a Moderate idiot. Not even the worst type

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      So i'm a religious nut cause I talked about God? It seems as if you're the one brainwashed my friend. In what is it that I said that was religious? Do you even know what the word means? I'm not religious at all dude. Do I believe in God, of course I do. Do I believe in his written word which is called the Bible, of course. Just because you're trying to find your reasons to reject God(much like the rest of the world) doesn't make him any less real. Do I think we are the only ones in the universe, yes. Aside from God, his angels, the devil, demons. Why do I think God cares about me? I think that question in and of itself is dumb. That's like saying why do your parents care about you, or why would you care about your kid. He cares because He mad you.
      @ this entire post.

Have no words for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
        I see no interest on either side of the "debate" at understanding their own position deeper or trying to understand other opinions. That's why I have pretty much stayed out of it. It's just more "us vs them" pat yourself on the back nonsense.

All people, including me, have an inherent fear of genuinely analyzing themselves at a deeper level and examining human existence. When this happens there is no desire for debating on the internet as it is an internal struggle and has nothing to do with opinions of others or telling ourselves how correct and smart we are and how stupid you are.

Pretty much the best post on this thread.

Well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          For those who believe in a God who cares about you and your feelings, a god who will answer your prayers.

Can you explain why he made this whole Universe, just for **** sapiens? Why would he care about us in a Universe so big.

I believe in a god, a creator if you will. But thinking he cares and will answer our prayers is just silly.

Watch video before debating please.

Look ass.. God is like our mother to us.. she expects us to behave and clean the room whilst shes gone that is her will.. your mum loves you but isn't always there to win you every fight..

Comment

• God works in mysterious ways.

personally i dont pray for little things in my own life, because others deserve help more than me.

Comment

• Lets see what one of the most intelligent people (one of the Highest IQ'd) in the world, who was once titled "THe Smartest Man in the World" thinks (Note: He does believe in a God):

What he thinks about the purpose of life or if there is any:

Human beings are such subsystems. The "purpose" of their lives, and the "meaning" of their existences, is therefore to self-actualize in a way consistent with global Self-actualization or teleology...i.e., in a way that maximizes global utility, including the utility of their fellow subsystems. Their existential justification is to help the universe, AKA God, express its nature in a positive and Self-beneficial way.

If they do so, then their "souls", or relationships to the overall System ("God"), attain a state of grace and partake of Systemic timelessness ("life eternal"). If, on the other hand, they do not - if they give themselves over to habitual selfishness at the expense of others and the future of their species - then they are teleologically devalued and must repair their connections with the System in order to remain a viable part of it. And if they do even worse, intentionally scarring the teleological ledger with a massive net loss of global utility, then unless they pursue redemption with such sincerety that their intense desire for forgiveness literally purges their souls, they face spiritual interdiction for the sake of teleological integrity.

Such is the economy of human existence. Much of what we have been taught by organized religions is based on the illogical literalization of metaphorical aspects of their respective doctrines. But this much of it is true: we can attain a state of grace; we can draw near to God and partake of His eternal nature; we can fall from God's grace; we can lose our souls for doing evil. In all cases, we are unequivocally answerable to the System that grants and sustains our existence, and doing right by that System and its contents, including other subsystems like ourselves, is why we exist. Sometimes, "doing right" simply means making the best of a bad situation without needlessly propagating one's own misfortune to others; the necessary sufferance and nonpropagation of personal misfortune is also a source of grace. Further deontological insight requires an analysis of teleology and the extraction of its ethical implications.

Now for a couple of qualifiers. Because we are free, the teleologically consistent meaning of our lives is to some extent ours to choose, and is thus partially invested in the search for meaning itself. So the answer to the last part of your question is "yes, determining the details of your specific teleologically-consistent reason to exist is part of the reason for your existence". Secondly, because God is the cosmos and the human mind is a microcosm, we are to some extent our own judges. But this doesn't mean that we can summarily pardon ourselves for all of our sins; it simply means that we help to determine the system according to whose intrinsic criteria our value is ultimately determined. It is important for each of us to accept both of these ethical responsibilities.

MORE TO FOLLOW.....

Comment

• What he thinks about the existence of Souls & Reincarnation, are there any?

there emerge multiple levels of consciousness. Human temporal consciousness is the level with which we're familiar; global (parallel) consciousness is that of the universe as a whole. The soul is the connection between the two...the embedment of the former in the latter.

In the CTMU (his Theory), reality is viewed as a profoundly self-contained, self-referential kind of "language", and languages have syntaxes. Because self-reference is an abstract generalization of consciousness - consciousness is the attribute by virtue of which we possess self-awareness - conscious agents are "sublanguages" possessing their own cognitive syntaxes. Now, global consciousness is based on a complete cognitive syntax in which our own incomplete syntax can be embedded, and this makes human consciousness transparent to it; in contrast, our ability to access the global level is restricted due to our syntactic limitations.

Thus, while we are transparent to the global syntax of the global conscious agency "God", we cannot see everything that God can see. Whereas God perceives one total act of creation in a parallel distributed fashion, with everything in perfect superposition, we are localized in spacetime and perceive reality only in a succession of locally creative moments. This parallelism has powerful implications. When a human being dies, his entire history remains embedded in the timeless level of consciousness...the Deic level. In that sense, he or she is preserved by virtue of his or her "soul". And since the universe is a self-refining entity, that which is teleologically valid in the informational construct called "you" may be locally re-injected or redistributed in spacetime. In principle, this could be a recombinative process, with the essences of many people combining in a set of local injections or "reincarnations" (this could lead to strange effects...e.g., a single person remembering simultaneous "past lifetimes").

In addition, an individual human sublanguage might be vectored into an alternate domain dynamically connected to its existence in spacetime. In this scenario, the entity would emerge into an alternate reality based on the interaction between her local level of consciousness and the global level embedding it...i.e., based on the state of her "soul" as just defined. This may be the origin of beliefs regarding heaven, hell, purgatory, limbo and other spiritual realms.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Deist View Post
                  Lets see what one of the most intelligent people (one of the Highest IQ'd) in the world, who was once titled "THe Smartest Man in the World" thinks (Note: He does believe in a God):

Human beings are such subsystems. The "purpose" of their lives, and the "meaning" of their existences, is therefore to self-actualize in a way consistent with global Self-actualization or teleology...i.e., in a way that maximizes global utility, including the utility of their fellow subsystems. Their existential justification is to help the universe, AKA God, express its nature in a positive and Self-beneficial way.

If they do so, then their "souls", or relationships to the overall System ("God"), attain a state of grace and partake of Systemic timelessness ("life eternal"). If, on the other hand, they do not - if they give themselves over to habitual selfishness at the expense of others and the future of their species - then they are teleologically devalued and must repair their connections with the System in order to remain a viable part of it. And if they do even worse, intentionally scarring the teleological ledger with a massive net loss of global utility, then unless they pursue redemption with such sincerety that their intense desire for forgiveness literally purges their souls, they face spiritual interdiction for the sake of teleological integrity.

Such is the economy of human existence. Much of what we have been taught by organized religions is based on the illogical literalization of metaphorical aspects of their respective doctrines. But this much of it is true: we can attain a state of grace; we can draw near to God and partake of His eternal nature; we can fall from God's grace; we can lose our souls for doing evil. In all cases, we are unequivocally answerable to the System that grants and sustains our existence, and doing right by that System and its contents, including other subsystems like ourselves, is why we exist. Sometimes, "doing right" simply means making the best of a bad situation without needlessly propagating one's own misfortune to others; the necessary sufferance and nonpropagation of personal misfortune is also a source of grace. Further deontological insight requires an analysis of teleology and the extraction of its ethical implications.

Now for a couple of qualifiers. Because we are free, the teleologically consistent meaning of our lives is to some extent ours to choose, and is thus partially invested in the search for meaning itself. So the answer to the last part of your question is "yes, determining the details of your specific teleologically-consistent reason to exist is part of the reason for your existence". Secondly, because God is the cosmos and the human mind is a microcosm, we are to some extent our own judges. But this doesn't mean that we can summarily pardon ourselves for all of our sins; it simply means that we help to determine the system according to whose intrinsic criteria our value is ultimately determined. It is important for each of us to accept both of these ethical responsibilities.

MORE TO FOLLOW.....
                  Great post!

Where did you get this statement from?

Comment

• Originally posted by One Deist View Post
                    Lets see what one of the most intelligent people (one of the Highest IQ'd) in the world, who was once titled "THe Smartest Man in the World" thinks (Note: He does believe in a God):

MORE TO FOLLOW.....
                    It's such a shame that "the smartest man in America" received so little formal education, thus preventing him from contributing anything worthwhile to the rest of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Traveler1 View Post
                      Great post!

Where did you get this statement from?
                      You don't need Chris Langan's IQ to copy a portion of the text and paste it into Google.

Comment

Working...
                      X