Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Roy Jones clean out the HW division after beating Ruiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Roy Jones clean out the HW division after beating Ruiz?

Damn you Roy.

Could had some classic bouts.

Cause he couldent, If I remeber correctly he beat ruiz vacated and move back down right he knew his limitations he wasnt fooling himself holding on to a belt for no reason when he wasnt going to fight any other heavyweight.

Comment

He wasnt going to clean out Lennox.

He just wanted a belt.

Comment

It was great that roy saw a once in a lifetime opportunity in Ruiz and took it but let's not kid ourselves..

Comment

He said he would only stay for a Tyson fight. I forgot why it didn't happen, but he went back down. Lewis was too big, too tall, too powerful for a 5'11" dude who started at 154lbs.

Comment

What if Roy fought Chris Byrd for the WBO title?

Comment

Because he woulda got knocked out by Lewis

I think there were talks of jones vs Tyson

And he wanted to emulate bob fitzsimmons by going back down and recapturing LHW crown

Comment

Didn't it have something to do beating Bob Fitzimmons record, which meant regaining the light-heavyweight title after going up to heavyweight?

Comment

I don't think Jones ever intended to stay at HW for long. he knew the danger in fighting big HWs. There was talks of Jones fighting Holy or Tyson around that time. both would have had big chances to KO Jones, forget Lennox..

Comment

Roy was looking for a HW he could beat. The only reason Roy moved up to HW was because Ruiz had a title. He was never serious about taking on someone like Lennox Lewis.

I know he was half serious about facing Tyson. I would've loved to see Roy vs Tyson back in 2003-04. Roy really messed up his career and hurt his legacy after his win over Ruiz.

Comment

Working...
                    X