No announcement yet.

My Take on Pirog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Take on Pirog

The dude sucks, plain and simple. He's very flat footed, not mobile at all and he punches slow as ****. Then he does this double jab looking thing with his non lead hand that would probably get his ass dropped. As soon as this dude steps up in competition he will start losing and expect that KO ratio to start dropping as well. How anyone can say Martinez is avoid this guy is beyond believe. I think any mobile boxer would beat this guy easily to tell you the truth.

Thoughts?

When he picks up the pace he's a bit dangerous because of the obvious power he's got behind those punches. I think he's top 5 but I honestly don't think any of those guys pose a great threat to Martinez who's very clearly the top dog at 160. Sergio should unify and retire with a fight against Ward.

Comment

119-109 117-111 and I didn't hear the other score. Wider than it should've been, but really no surprise there.

Comment

He's a lot better than what he looks like on the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by freudianslip View Post
          When he picks up the pace he's a bit dangerous because of the obvious power he's got behind those punches. I think he's top 5 but I honestly don't think any of those guys pose a great threat to Martinez who's very clearly the top dog at 160. Sergio should unify and retire with a fight against Ward.
          I think if he really had the power everybody thinks he does, he would've taken Ishida out, who has been dropped in sparring before. Plus you can pretty much see all of Pirog's punches coming since he throws them so slow.

Comment

He doesn't suck. I think he shows very good coordination and has a solid defense. He doesn't seem to throw any devastating shots but he still has decent pop. He rocked Ishida a couple times in the fight, but to his credit, Ishida has a good chin.

I don't think he would be easy work for Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              The dude sucks, plain and simple. He's very flat footed, not mobile at all and he punches slow as ****. Then he does this double jab looking thing with his non lead hand that would probably get his ass dropped. As soon as this dude steps up in competition he will start losing and expect that KO ratio to start dropping as well. How anyone can say Martinez is avoid this guy is beyond believe. I think any mobile boxer would beat this guy easily to tell you the truth.

Thoughts?

he's a technician

he doesnt put a lot on his shots. not since the jacobs fight have i seen him really sit down on a shot.

he's accurate, finds space for shots, has a 12 round pace, decent chin, but he's just a bit ordinary for my liking

golovkin will stop him. that kid hits like a mule

Comment

Pirog is anything but ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  he's a technician

he doesnt put a lot on his shots. not since the jacobs fight have i seen him really sit down on a shot.

he's accurate, finds space for shots, has a 12 round pace, decent chin, but he's just a bit ordinary for my liking

golovkin will stop him. that kid hits like a mule
                  Never saw Pirog fight before to tell you the truth and I tuned in around the 6th round and I thought he was sluggish from gassing but I guess that's his pace? I really don't see anything spectacular about this guy tbh.

Comment

A large part of this site said Chad Dawson sucks, so of course pirog sucks

Still doesn't stop Sergio from avoiding him

Comment

Working...
                    X