Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Berto and Ortiz Go Face To Face in Los Angeles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Ortiz fights smart, he dominates Berto. Berto doesn't have the skills Ortiz does and for me is really a one dimensional fighter.

Ortiz out fights him on the inside and thats where he needs to stay. He can also match him speed for speed outside but he needs to work his way inside, throw that right hook uppercut combo and he dominates, possibly stops Berto.

Comment

I just don't think that Ortiz is all the way there from a mental standpoint, especially with what happened in the Mayweather fight. If Berto can somehow capitalize on that, I think he can win the rematch. But, I expect a great fight. The first one was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
        I think if Andre Berto can adjust to Victor Ortiz's style and pressure then he can win the rematch. Berto almost finished Victor in the first fight but got careless and paid for it. Should be a great fight though.
        Other than that one moment though, Ortiz pretty much kicked his ass.

I expect this fight to look more like the last six rounds rather than the first six rounds. Ortiz by comfortable decision.

Comment

They both look stoned.

Comment

Berto was not in the greatest of shape in the first fight

If he come in greater shape for this fight he may KO ORTIZ

Ortiz no doubt has good power and will put it on Berto

50-50

Comment

Another war, but im rooting for Berto

Comment

I don't usually root for Mexican boxers (or wanna-be Mexican boxers), but Ortiz is Berto's dad and it's going to stay that way. If Ortiz fights anything like the first fight, he should win by UD again. He's just as strong, but much busier than Berto. The only way I see Berto winning is by KO, since Ortiz's chin is not that good (but neither is Berto's).

Comment

I got Andre on this one cuz i know for a fact he aint gona bang with Ortiz cuz Ortiz is still the the bigger stronger guy...Berto gona give him alot of angles this time and counter him and step out before Vic can do damage..i dont think this time it would b a FOTY type of fight cuz Berto will have a gameplan and the gameplan would b to Box Vic and counter him from the outside so i see Berto winning this by KO the late rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
                    I got Andre on this one cuz i know for a fact he aint gona bang with Ortiz cuz Ortiz is still the the bigger stronger guy...Berto gona give him alot of angles this time and counter him and step out before Vic can do damage..i dont think this time it would b a FOTY type of fight cuz Berto will have a gameplan and the gameplan would b to Box Vic and counter him from the outside so i see Berto winning this by KO the late rounds
                    Are you talking about Andre Berto? Countering and boxing???

Comment

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
                      Berto doesn't know how to box anymore. He fought so many bums it's softened up his strategy. Now It's pretty much blow them out in 5 or die trying, because Berto sucks when it comes to scorecards.

Comment

Working...
                      X