Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Were Thoughts On Antonio Margarito's Comeback Fight Then?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    The fight probably went exactly as expected by the Margarito camp. He looked reasonably sharp after a long layoff. Of course it was against someone who was handpicked to make him look good. The fight pretty much served its purpose for everyone involved.
    the honestly thought it was going to be a tougher fight because of how Garcia was training and who he was training with but in the end Garcia showed nothing

Comment

He looked faster and his movement was alot better

Comment

He was more coordinated, better defense, threw straight/ shorter punches and had better footwork. He should have made these improvements a long time ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          I told his manager it was good to see him box like he used to and before he got caught in Capetillo's BS about being a total blood and guts warrior but that I hoped it wasn't a total change

he looked good I think the style he implemented on Sat was an extreme from him so it took some time for him to adjust. He looked a bit gassed at the end but to me that is expected of someone who had been off for 16 months
          Yeah, Margarito has always been a better boxer than he's been given credit for. The last time I saw those skills was against Clottey. But I can't shake that nagging feeling I had Saturday night. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Always a bad sign when an aggressive mauler like Margarito decides to "box." Even when he was getting his a** handed to him by Daniel Santos, he refused to bend to Santos' will and doggedly came forward and engaged. Not so this time. The last time I saw a fighter do that was Jose Luis Castillo against his old sparring partner. Right then and there, I knew Castillo was near the end. It wouldn't surprise me if Margarito is too.
            Dude did you even see the fight??

Comment

He looked like **** against a virtual nobody... I hope he just wanted to put the rounds in.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                the thing with JLC is that everything stayed the same

with Tony EVERYTHING changed

camp
                trainer
                outlook
                style of training

everything

I was up in Oxnard and shot the video that was up on this site and from this camp to the last one from Mosley was like night and day.

Off record I asked him if he was comfortable and he said it took a long time to get used to the people up there but liked them very much. He also said he didn't want to change 100% but wanted to see what he can do with his mindset combined with what Garcia has in mind for him

in the end he will still be agressive
                Good to hear Tony looked good boxed and put pressure on Garcia Garcia was a tough strong but limited opponent a better opponent then most would take after such a layoff.Will Margo be going back down to 147 or 154 do you know?

Comment

I expected a so so performance and a Margarito win. That's what we got. If he fights Pac next, he gets butchered.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                    Good to hear Tony looked good boxed and put pressure on Garcia Garcia was a tough strong but limited opponent a better opponent then most would take after such a layoff.Will Margo be going back down to 147 or 154 do you know?
                    either way bro

at one point he was about 151 during the camp so I think he can make 147 with ease

for the Molsey fight the weight issues were on multiple levels

one he came in really big
                    two he overshot the weight due to a bad scale his team had

Comment

I remember all these people on the board going on and on about how tough a fighter garcia was and now that he lost to Tony he suddenly becomes a hand picked fighter and Tony only did a so so job shutting the guy out.

Make up your minds people!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X