Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jarryd Hayne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hayne is a freak athlete, its crazy though he has barely learned the game within 2 months time, and is able to make some tacklers look stupid, Niners should sign him though, if they dont they are dumb, he might be a work in progress but his story and hype is marketing gold. everytime this dude gets the ball the crowd erupts he already has the fans rooting for him, he needs to lower his shoulder though, but the dude has some legit skills I say sign him and let him grow, he will be in the secondary as a kick returner but they might use him as a running back from time to time. He can't really catch though from what I seen, but he can move and make you miss and his stiff arm is insane.

We still have to see him against the starters, he is playing against 3rd string defense right now in preseason.

He has barely been playing football and has better field vision than Trent Richardson who has been in the game since he was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Hayne is a freak athlete, its crazy though he has barely learned the game within 2 months time, and is able to make some tacklers look stupid, Niners should sign him though, if they dont they are dumb, he might be a work in progress but his story and hype is marketing gold. everytime this dude gets the ball the crowd erupts he already has the fans rooting for him, he needs to lower his shoulder though, but the dude has some legit skills I say sign him and let him grow, he will be in the secondary as a kick returner but they might use him as a running back from time to time. He can't really catch though from what I seen, but he can move and make you miss and his stiff arm is insane.

We still have to see him against the starters, he is playing against 3rd string defense right now in preseason.

He has barely been playing football and has better field vision than Trent Richardson who has been in the game since he was a kid.
      you say he can't catch, is this a different sort of catching? like receiving a throw from a QB? because he takes a high ball pretty well

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
        Just so you see how talented Hayne is in our sport check this out.

He's an athlete for sure. I just think his running style isn't fit for the NFL. Remember, in American football you need your shoulder level to be low. He runs really up high, that could get him hurt.

I like his instincts though, and he is slippery. Not great top end speed but he could be a RB in the NFL if he really works on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          you say he can't catch, is this a different sort of catching? like receiving a throw from a QB? because he takes a high ball pretty well
          There is a difference from fielding a punt, and a catching a full on rope from a guy like Kaepernick.

Saying that, Hayne as Running Back wouldn't be heavily relied on as a pass catcher, or run as deep of routes as a Tight End or a Wide Receiver.

From some of the projections I have read, the Niners are seriously looking at him at the position (Running Back), which is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            There is a difference from fielding a punt, and a catching a full on rope from a guy like Kaepernick.

Saying that, Hayne as Running Back wouldn't be heavily relied on as a pass catcher, or run as deep of routes as a Tight End or a Wide Receiver.

From some of the projections I have read, the Niners are seriously looking at him at the position (Running Back), which is cool.
            yeah I was just wondering what hectari was referring to, if he saw a deficiency in his ability to catch a pass

Comment

he can catch

Oh he can catch allright, he has played a lot at fullback in rugby league for Parramatta and wing for Australia (Billy Slater is the best ever fullback period so Hayne had to play on the wing), as a fullback one of his main tasks is to defuse the "bomb" which is a high kick and when he is about to take the catch there are usually three big blokes comin at him just a couple of feet away and he was great at catching the ball under all sorts of real pressure. The difference mate is the ball, our ball is bigger and fatter than an NFL ball so he needs to adjust a bit but he will, and he has way less pressure in your game to take that kick as no one should be upon him as he gets the ball, in other words he has more time.... and space and few in rugby league were better in space and maybe no NFL player as good, but we shall see. BTW he is a great advertisement for your game here, until now we never saw anything about your game in the news except once a year for the superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                He's an athlete for sure. I just think his running style isn't fit for the NFL. Remember, in American football you need your shoulder level to be low. He runs really up high, that could get him hurt.

I like his instincts though, and he is slippery. Not great top end speed but he could be a RB in the NFL if he really works on it.
                Don't worry about his toughness, rugby league is the toughest team sport on the planet but anyone can be hurt by a cheap shot, lets hope that doesn't happen, if it does you guys need to stamp it out of your game as we have already done. Once, a few decades ago in the 70's our game was cruel and there were thugs who used cheap shots and they wiped many talented players out of a career with one big cheap shot and the injuries sustained were enormous, video replays came along and fans demanded punishment, guys like the ultra thig Les Boyd were banned for life and I saw the incident what caused that, it was sickening a really bad broken jaw in several places but back in the fifties the poms would deliberately break legs and arms and spines and anything else they could... poms are englishmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Catching a toss in rugby is different than catching a high speed rocket from Colin kaepernick.
                  Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Yeah running in gaps with you back and head straight up is asking for trouble, it's okay to run like that when you are clear and open because he has an amazing stiff arm, he needs to really learn to lower that shoulder and drive through guys, he has the side and power.

I hope they sign him, he is intriguing to watch, and he could be a key to bring American football globally, if he could pick up the game that quick, imagine if they bring American football to Australia and teens start learning the rules while also playing rugby? What makes him different is his feints and style of running footwork, they are not used to it in the nfl so the rugby guys bring a different aspect and style to the game.

Comment

Catching a toss in rugby is different than catching a high speed rocket from Colin kaepernick.

Yeah running in gaps with you back and head straight up is asking for trouble, it's okay to run like that when you are clear and open because he has an amazing stiff arm, he needs to really learn to lower that shoulder and drive through guys, he has the side and power.

I hope they sign him, he is intriguing to watch, and he could be a key to bring American football globally, if he could pick up the game that quick, imagine if they bring American football to Australia and teens start learning the rules while also playing rugby? What makes him different is his feints and style of running footwork, they are not used to it in the nfl so the rugby guys bring a different aspect and style to the game.
                    well the last thing we need is another code of football invading NSW and QLD.. we already have AFL moving in and soccer as well and our local culture is under threat, we love our rugby league and hate rugby union and soccer and AFL its all these interstaters and foreigners that go to all these other sports, its sad, if anything destroys our game I will be very upset

Comment

I've been watching the 49ers preseason; he looked solid and will make the squad. Plenty of kinks to work out, but the 49ers should (and, I think, will) really work on him. He has a lot of potential.

Comment

Working...
                      X