No announcement yet.

Could Peterson be Khans best option??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Peterson be Khans best option??

If Khan can't land a rematch coild Peterson be Khans best option??What are some thoughts on this??
    Yes
    68.18%
    No
    31.82%

My My My, how the tables have turned. If he stays at 140, he would have to settle for Peterson, that or fight Matthysse, and I think we all know what happens if he fights Lucas lol

Comment

Mauricio Herrera or someone who can't punch so hard first up but who could pose a problem with his skills.

Comment

Peterson cheated in the first fight so why give him a payday, he should be banned for like a year. Khan beats him easy anyway without the cheating ref, bent judges and PEDs. And the so called loss to him was already reversed by one of the organisations so in reality the fight was a NC.

If Peterson hadn't cheated in the fight, then sure give him the rematch but I don't think cheaters should be rewarded with high paydays like Margarito was.

Comment

Right now Amir Khan is leaking oil and is on loser street. He got filled in by Garcia and got showed up by Peterson. He can't afford to look bad in his next outing and Peterson with his style is guaranteed to make him look bad win or lose and there is a very good chance he would lose to Peterson. Where does he go then? He needs a Salita type soft touch to get his confidence back.

Comment

IMO he needs to move up. He was going to move up after Peterson, the only reason he stayed was the rematch. Just go ahead and move up now.

Comment

no way, peterson would probably beat him again.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                IMO he needs to move up. He was going to move up after Peterson, the only reason he stayed was the rematch. Just go ahead and move up now.
                I can't help but think even someone like Carson Jones would fold Khan up like a bike.

Comment

He has quite a lot of options I think

IF Ricky Hatton comes back, that would be a solid option.
                  Lopez after he gets whooped by Canelo
                  Garcia rematch - money talks and GBP have both fighters
                  Peterson rematch - would make sense
                  Malignaggi at 147 for his strap

Theopane in the UK would make sense for Khan, he went the distance with Danny Garcia and has also just lost his last fight.

I think it's safe to assume Khan will not be put in with a big puncher any time soon. Matthysse is way to high risk and low reward. Ortiz maybe the same, both coming of losses, but Ortiz probably puts Khan to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    nah i don't agree. welterweight opponents will be even stronger and tougher, and all the height and range advantages he held at jww will be nullified. khan isn't good enough for welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X