No announcement yet.

PolitiFact Truth Ratings of Presidential Candidates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolitiFact Truth Ratings of Presidential Candidates

Food for thought........from PolitiFact about the validity and factual basis of their statements made during this election

Hillary Clinton Truth Meter
    50% True or Mostly True
    21% Partly True
    29% Mostly False, False, or Pants on Fire

Donald Trump Truth Meter
    8% True or Mostly True
    16% Partly True
    76% Mostly False, False, or Pants on Fire

Bernie Sanders Truth Meter
    49% True or Mostly True
    20% Partly True
    31% Mostly False, False, or Pants on Fire

Ted Cruz Truth Meter

22% True or Mostly True
    13% Partly True
    65% Mostly False, False, or Pants on Fire

John Kasich Truth Meter
    51% True or Mostly True
    16% Partly True
    33% Mostly False, False, or Pants on Fire

Another one just thought I'll throw in

Barack Obama Truth Meter
    48% True or Mostly True
    27% Partly True
    25% Mostly False, False, or Pants on Fire

Sooooo.....yeahhhh I don't know, but I trust Trump more. Hell yeah............

What do you guys make of this???

Damn its a sad state of affairs when Hilary Clinton is lying to you the least. This is why I don't vote.

Comment

Doesn't look biased at all, I mean it has the words ""fact" and "truth" in it so I believe them.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
        Doesn't look biased at all, I mean it has the words ""fact" and "truth" in it so I believe them.
        Go look at their website, it's probably one of the most accurate fact checking on the internet that you can find

Kasich is a Republican and he tells the truth about as much as the Democrats, so don't tell me it's liberal bias

Comment

I'm familiar with it. Their "facthecking" method is notoriously amateurish and most of the facts they check are non-falsifiable statements to begin with.

Firstly, its a side gig of the Tampa Bay Times, that's whose "checking the facts", some random journalists, the same journalists you wouldn't take seriously if you were reading something they wrote in their paper.

Random example I just pulled off the page:

Donald Trump

"When those restrictions expire (in the Iran nuclear deal), Iran will have an industrial-size military nuclear capability ready to go."

— Trump

Politifact's rating: Lie. Explanation: "People who have read the deal say otherwise" (On the basis that part of the provisions will expire, but others are due to be extended, and the hope is that things remain diplomatic).

This is literally a concern about the future, and they found someone who disagree with him about what's could possibly happen 10 years from now. They ruled it a lie because their own opinion holder believes Iran has no intention of ever militarizing their nuclear program).

Trump did not deny that some provisions will expire while others are extended. He made a pessimistic statement about militarization happening anyway. Their "fact check" basically amounted to playing dumb.

Even super liberal Daily Kos agrees that their methods may result in "truths" (as in journalists telling the truth about their own conflicting knowledge on a given topic_ but not really "factual" in a falsifiable/legal sense http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/1/31/1060175/-

I don't think they're systematically biased against a particular group so much as it's just a Tampa Newspaper that found a cool idea for a website.
          Last edited by ////; 04-09-2016, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X