Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao will be fighting Brandon Rios win or lose tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, pac vs rios is a horrible fight. horrible fight. u cant complain about floyd/guerrero or canelo and approve that fight. its a horrible fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Yup, you gotta be real dumb to bet on Marquez. He's NOT winning a decision as long as Arum can keep milking Pac in in-house fights.
      ^^^^This

I consider Top Rank fights "Boxing Entertainment" as opposed to professional sports. Whoever Arum wants to win will win barring a knockout.

Comment

If Mayweather is still not available, I see no problem with it. If Mayweather wants Guerrero, I see no problem with it either. What can we do?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          ^^^^This

I consider Top Rank fights "Boxing Entertainment" as opposed to professional sports. Whoever Arum wants to win will win barring a knockout.
          So do you reckon Bradley got the nod because contract extension negotiations were close at hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            So do you reckon Bradley got the nod because contract extension negotiations were close at hand?
            I lost that one also. Last I checked Arum let his milking cow lost to Bradley.

These are the kind of fans Floyd have. What can we do?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              My theory is that Arum expected the fight to be a lot closer and wanted to make money on a rematch. Which is still a possibility. There will be probably a mini-tournament next year:

April - Pac/Rios
              May - Marquez/Bradley

Fall - Pac vs. Marquez 5; Pac vs. Bradley 2; Rios vs. Marquez; Rios vs. Bradley

Don't be shocked if tonight's fight ends in a draw.

Comment

All Floyd da best has to say is, "Let's make the Pac fight happen next year. Any date in 2013. I don't care. Let's make it happen. I'll retire after the fight."

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  He's done that too many times already.

David Diaz WBC champion at 135, Cotto at 145 for the WBO title, Margarito at 150 for the vacant WBC JMW title. He's done that plenty of times bro. He's fought the champions, the best.
                  David diaz???? David fkng diaz???? Are you serious dude?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Sure; even though I already made my argument clear, I'm not endorsing or complaining about Pacquiaos opponent. My argument is that who Pacquiao, Floyd, and Marquez fight is irrelevant to me as they're in the twilight of their careers, and people shouldn't get worked up about it. Leave it to the nuthuggers and casual fans. If anyone beats any of them at this point, people will just say it's because they were past their prime anyway (Or in Pacquiao's case refuse to acknowledge the decision).

Like I said, no one got mad at Shaq for the way he played when he was a Celtic. Thomas Hauser, talking about Bhop I think, called fighters in this stage of their career, as being on the "retirement tour." Where they've accomplished their big feats but they're famous, so they keep fighting and stack that money.

That's how I feel about it, so that's why I wouldn't care if Floyd fights Spadafora in Dubai or Pacquiao fights Brandon Rios in Singapore or some ****. It simply doesn't matter.
                    Mayweather and Manny are more so where Shaq was in the middle of his time with the Heat. Shaq was way way way past it with Cleveland and Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      So what? That's a fun fight.

Pacquiao, Mayweather, Marquez... these guys are legends and the best of their era, but their greatest days are behind them. Fights they make at this stage just aren't very relevant in my opinion and are taking place to stock up their retirement funds. I got no problem with that, and am looking forward to tonights fight. Getting upset over opponent choices is silly. They already proved what they had to prove, and now theyre getting paid. Good for them.

So what if Pacquiao fights Rios? ****, who cares if Floyd fights ****ing Spadafora in Dubai? Did people get mad at Shaq for the way he played when he was a Celtic?
                      Interesting points, and I agree to an extent - about people's obsessions with fighters like Pac/Floyd taking legacy defining fights each time out. I've had people tell me on here that they would rather Pac fight Paulie than fighting Rios because Paulie has a belt at 147.

Where I disagree is giving Pac/Floyd/JMM passes for every fight. That's good for them that they're stocking up their retirement pot - but not fun for me, or us.

And despite the snobbery people have about the word "fun" or "exciting" in boxing, I think we all lose sight of the entertainment aspect and how crucial it is. And this is coming from someone who intellectualises boxing and considers it an art form.

I love and support boxing, and it's difficult to watch Pac in fights where's he's getting booed cos the opponent won't engage and Manny doesn't know how to cut the ring off. Pac brings mainstream interest and I'd rather he was in a barnburner than a stinkfest. Rios will get blown out but he'll make a bunch of fans with his style and heart.

Fights should either be legacy builders, competitive or exciting. That is why I have issues with Floyd against Guerrero, because it's none of those things.

Pac vs Rios? Fun as fook.

Comment

Working...
                      X