No announcement yet.

WBO Champion Of The Decade Belt To Be Most Iconic Belt In WBO History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBO Champion Of The Decade Belt To Be Most Iconic Belt In WBO History

WBO president francisco valcarcel has decided to create a unique belt for the winner of pacquiao-marquez 4. the WBO says “the champion of the decade belt” is slated to be a luxurious rendition of the now classic world title belt. some of its features include over 170 hand-set cystals and the eagle that sits atop the center plate has been overhauled and made richer, with crisp detail and an assortment of jewels.every crevice, curve, and corner has been detailed. according to the WBO president, this is not just a championship belt but a work of art awarded once every ten years, this project is of a different magnitude.

pacquiao has the distinction of winning the very first WBC diamond belt after he defeated cotto via 12th round tko.

the champion of the decade belt is set to be revealed in las vegas before the pacquiao-marquez match.

your thoughts?

the belt sounds badass but lets face it, they just want that money

Comment

Another belt to dilute boxing and further alienate casual fans.

Fighters should just stop paying sanctioning fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        the belt sounds badass but lets face it, they just want that money
        true, it's just business.

Comment

That's exactly what we need another meaningless POS belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
            WBO president francisco valcarcel has decided to create a unique belt for the winner of pacquiao-marquez 4. the WBO says “the champion of the decade belt” is slated to be a luxurious rendition of the now classic world title belt. some of its features include over 170 hand-set cystals and the eagle that sits atop the center plate has been overhauled and made richer, with crisp detail and an assortment of jewels.every crevice, curve, and corner has been detailed. according to the WBO president, this is not just a championship belt but a work of art awarded once every ten years, this project is of a different magnitude.

pacquiao has the distinction of winning the very first WBC diamond belt after he defeated cotto via 12th round tko.

the champion of the decade belt is set to be revealed in las vegas before the pacquiao-marquez match.

your thoughts?

Comment

Manny was the WBO's biggest star so I can see why they are flogging him with this 'ultimate belt'. Shame they feel the need to do this, as WBO no longer needs sham competitions and matchups to make it bone fide, its clearly one of the major sanctioning bodies these days.

All round very silly though, I guess this is their version of 'fight of the century', which they cant really claim as their own as they have only been a decent sanctioning body since the early/mid Norties.

I bet Pacman looks on all this with the derision it deserves. Why not organise a Super Six instead, Manny would have a good chance of winning that.

Comment

Can you imagine the Ronnie Nathanielz article written after the fight if Pac wins?

Fighter of the Decade, Champion of the Decade, Filipino Icon of the Decade, Congressman of the Decade, 8 Division, Future ATG HOF Manny Pacquiao....

Comment

So if Manny wins and unifies the Diamond title and this crap belt does he become the unified welterweight paper champion of the world?

Comment

ohhhh.. i want one too.. that makes me the super dee duper champion of the century in waiting.. it means about as much around my waist as it would on Pacs or Marquez.. these make believe belts are getting ridiculous....

Comment

Working...
                    X