Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think its time we brought back the Military Draft.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think its time we brought back the Military Draft.

In previous wars, people understood the true gravity of war and the sacrifices that are made by those serving in it.

By extension they had a more profound understanding of the cost not only in life but in money.

The only people that benefit from war are banks who always fund both sides and the select few military contractors who are awarded the accounts to build the war machine.

Everyone else is a loser. We got guys going to fight in these senseless wars for empire that are serving 5 and 6 tours. Thats inhumane.

These wars are purely for geo strategic positioning of energy pipelines and for staging areas into Pakistan, Russia and China.

They have nothing to do with terrorism or national security.
    My personal feeling is that we should only have war if we are attacked. In other words, for self defense.

But there is a lot of you on this board who seem to glamourize war and seemingly get your **** hard when you talk about it. Mostly idiot clueless knee jerk right wing reactionaries.

You people have no soul, no heart and no brain.

For this reason, its time to bring back the draft. If you think its so cool to be in another country killing people, you should sign up.

I know you won't, cuz' most of you are ******* who like to talk tough about war but would never actually fight it.

Much like Cheney, Rummy, Bush, Rush, and the rest of the Neo****s who got deferments for Vietnam.

But what it will do is force you to stop pretending, and actually go out into the streets and protest since you're chicken hawks and would rather protest in the street with leftists rather than go die in some foreign land.

The way it was done in the old days. Thats the way things like this are solved.

A draft would finally drive the point home that its no longer "their war and their sacrifice"... its now your problem too chief.

For this reason, the draft is the best thing that could happen to this country because it would finally mobilize and cause people to get active politically.

Get active, or get radioactive.

I always say.
    Last edited by Glamour Puss; 12-09-2009, 12:16 AM.

i think 2 years full duty service and 2 years reservist duty should be mandatory.

you can get a deference but the penalty would be loss of citizenship , the right to vote and a higher tax rate.

it'll also save us money on hiring all these private military contractors.

why are we outsourcing jobs that should be the military's?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      i think 2 years full duty service and 2 years reservist duty should be mandatory.

you can get a deference but the penalty would be loss of citizenship , the right to vote and a higher tax rate.

it'll also save us money on hiring all these private military contractors.

why are we outsourcing jobs that should be the military's
      ?
      Good question.

If people become personally invested in these **** wars, they will mobilize to stop them en mass much more quickly.

Comment

In previous wars, people understood the true gravity of war and the sacrifices that are made by those serving in it.

By extension they had a more profound understanding of the cost not only in life but in money.

The only people that benefit from war are banks who always fund both sides and the select few military contractors who are awarded the accounts to build the war machine.

Everyone else is a loser. We got guys going to fight in these senseless wars for empire that are serving 5 and 6 tours. Thats inhumane.

These wars are purely for geo strategic positioning of energy pipelines and for staging areas into Pakistan, Russia and China.

They have nothing to do with terrorism or national security.
        My personal feeling is that we should only have war if we are attacked. In other words, for self defense.

But there is a lot of you on this board who seem to glamourize war and seemingly get your **** hard when you talk about it. Mostly idiot clueless knee jerk right wing reactionaries.

You people have no soul, no heart and no brain.

For this reason, its time to bring back the draft. If you think its so cool to be in another country killing people, you should sign up.

I know you won't, cuz' most of you are ******* who like to talk tough about war but would never actually fight it.

Much like Cheney, Rummy, Bush, Rush, and the rest of the Neo****s who got deferments for Vietnam.

But what it will do is force you to stop pretending, and actually go out into the streets and protest since you're chicken hawks and would rather protest in the street with leftists rather than go die in some foreign land.

The way it was done in the old days. Thats the way things like this are solved.

A draft would finally drive the point home that its no longer "their war and their sacrifice"... its now your problem too chief.

For this reason, the draft is the best thing that could happen to this country because it would finally mobilize and cause people to get active politically.

Get active, or get radioactive.

I always say.
        Funniest/ dumbest post ive read all day, and i even read sonnyg8r or whoever hell he is post his excuse on why flordia lost the sec champ game... shut up dude i know its your opinion but when its this stupid its better to just keep it to yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Made View Post
          Funniest/ dumbest post ive read all day, and i even read sonnyg8r or whoever hell he is post his excuse on why flordia lost the sec champ game... shut up dude i know its your opinion but when its this stupid its better to just keep it to yourself
          Thank you Mrs. Bush.

But please, humor me and elaborate.

If you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post
            Good question.

If people become personally invested in these **** wars, they will mobilize to stop them en mass much more quickly.
            jack , we outsource little jobs like laundry for god's sake.

they can't have certain people do laundry for the base?

jesus. even prisoners can handle doing laundry in jail.

make a requirement for a person to enlist 2 years from the time they're 18-21.

they don't have to be soldiers. have the frontline combat units a voluntary thing. the cowards can paint bases , do laundry , cook , etc.

teaches kids how to work for a living too since everyone wants to be a damn lawyer and no one wants to work for a living. that's why our damn country doesn't make anything anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Made View Post
              Try again.

Good job Jacky.

I'm sick of all this fake patriotic bull****.

"The troops this," or "the troops that"

or people getting moist at pictures of Marines

We're fighting fraud wars. **** US. We're the bad guys, people. It's difficult to see it that way, but it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                jack , we outsource little jobs like laundry for god's sake.

they can't have certain people do laundry for the base?

jesus. even prisoners can handle doing laundry in jail.

make a requirement for a person to enlist 2 years from the time they're 18-21.

they don't have to be soldiers. have the frontline combat units a voluntary thing. the cowards can paint bases , do laundry , cook , etc.

teaches kids how to work for a living too since everyone wants to be a damn lawyer and no one wants to work for a living. that's why our damn country doesn't make anything anymore.
                I agree with you. Thats what happens when you have rampant cronyism permeating the higher levels of government. They'll gladly send KBR or Halliburton to go do all that stuff at 5 times the cost and then bill the taxpayer later when the same job can be done by the military for a lower wage.
                Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                Try again.

Good job Jacky.

I'm sick of all this fake patriotic bull****.

"The troops this," or "the troops that"

or people getting moist at pictures of Marines

We're fighting fraud wars. **** US. We're the bad guys, people. It's difficult to see it that way, but it is true.
                I hesitate to go that far loki, because most of the soldiers don't know any better. They really believe the line about "wars on terror" and ****.

But in the higher levels, you are 100% right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post

I hesitate to go that far loki, because most of the soldiers don't know any better. They really believe the line about "wars on terror" and ****.

But in the higher levels, you are 100% right.
                  I suppose I should have clarified.

I understand that the broke country ass soldiers involved in this are too stupid and brainwashed to know what they're a part of. I just think it is sickening that we have all these people praising the military when WE ALL KNOW these wars are bull****!!! It is common knowledge that we're in Iraq because of lies.

I only hope for a safe return of our soldiers and a prompt end to these ******ed wars. This world tragedy in the making is nothing to praise

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                    I suppose I should have clarified.

I understand that the broke country ass soldiers involved in this are too stupid and brainwashed to know what they're a part of. I just think it is sickening that we have all these people praising the military when WE ALL KNOW these wars are bull****!!! It is common knowledge that we're in Iraq because of lies.

I only hope for a safe return of our soldiers and a prompt end to these ******ed wars. This world tragedy in the making is nothing to praise
                    The wars are sold as bull****. Weak ****.

The purposes are real world geopolitical strategy. Still imperialism, but at least be honest about it.

I'd respect the feds a lot more if they just came out and said what the real reasons for the wars are.

"In order for U.S global domination and preservation of our world empire, its imperative that we secure the Eurasian continent and all its resources before the Chinese and Russians do"....

That is the reason for all this and people are smart enough and mature enough to understand that.

Don't sell them short and insult their intelligence w/ this war on terror bull****.

This is a geopolitical chess game.

The troops are the pawns, the intelligence agencies are the knights, the government is the rook, the U.N is the Bishop, the defense contractors are the kings and the banks are the queen.

Afghanistan is worthless. The only purpose for it is to secure the are for energy pipelines from the Caucasus region and as a staging area from which to attack Pakistan.

If you want the real story behind all this read "The Grand Chessboard" by Brzezinsky.

He is the co-founder of the Trilateral Commission along w/ David Rockefeller and Obama's primary foreign policy adviser.

I could argue that Obama was hand picked by Brzezinsky in the early 80's and groomed for the presidency almost 20 years ago by this group, but thats another thread altogether.

Comment

Working...
                    X