Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia vs Vasyl Lomachenko at 135 lbs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TMT all day

Comment

Loma for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Loma got hit with far too many of those sloooooow right hands from Martinez. It's a very close fight but if Garcia can make that weight, was given a tune-up and is still in form, I'd slightly lean toward him. Garcia schooled Salido while Loma struggled and lost to him.
        To be fair, that was Lomachenko's 2nd pro fight. He learned a lot from that one and I have no doubt he would beat Salido handily again. Mikey had a hard time with Salido too, and he didn't look comfortable at all before the cut stopped the bout.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
          To be fair, that was Lomachenko's 2nd pro fight. He learned a lot from that one and I have no doubt he would beat Salido handily again. Mikey had a hard time with Salido too, and he didn't look comfortable at all before the cut stopped the bout.
          Respectfully, I have to call bullshyt on comparing their fights with Salido. Mikey was clowning Salido. Anyone might look uncomfortable the opponent is continually fowling but we gotta be honest about the fact that Mikey was clearly beating Salido while Loma struggled and lost. That said, I'm sure Loma grew from that and this weekend is a perfect example of how he has adapted.

Comment

Garcia would TKo or KO loma in 7. Loma is good but mikey is great

Comment

Respectfully, I have to call bullshyt on comparing their fights with Salido. Mikey was clowning Salido. Anyone might look uncomfortable the opponent is continually fowling but we gotta be honest about the fact that Mikey was clearly beating Salido while Loma struggled and lost. That said, I'm sure Loma grew from that and this weekend is a perfect example of how he has adapted.
              If you're calling bull****, why'd you bring it up as to why you'd lean towards Mikey? Salido was fouling both fighters and I didn't see Garcia schooling Salido, he was just in tough. For Lomachenko, he adapted a little too late and while winning the last few rounds, he lost the fight. Putting things in context, again it was Lomachenko's 2nd pro fight and it's unheard of to match up a 1-0 fighter with a veteran like Salido. But this is being held against Lomachenko?

Comment

Didn't Mikey leave Arum because he was asked to fight Gamboa? So what are the chances of making this Lomachenko fight happen?

I'm just saying people need to be realistic before throwing these matchups around. I'm sick of fantasy fights. I want something real.

If it can't be made, why even discuss it?
                Last edited by brettWall; 06-13-2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

you gotta go with mikey in this one.

Comment

True but Salido started coming on and Garcia pulled a quit job and looked for an easy way out and they have another common opponent in Martinez. Garcia was dropped and went the distance where Lomachenko thoroughly outclassed and brutally one shot KO'd Roman.

Comment

Damn good fight. I can't pick until I see how this layoff has affected Garcia

Comment

Working...
                      X