No announcement yet.

I'm impressed with Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm impressed with Pacquiao

First of I wanna say, Pacquiao-haters, get the **** out of here... I'm a Mayweather fan and I think Floyd would beat Pacquiao by united decision if they ever fought, although it would be the hardest fight in his career. But credit is deserved where credit belongs.

After the first Bradley fight, even though Pacquiao clearly won that fight, I thought Pacquiao wouldn't have the balls for a rematch, considering how Bradley was limited by injuries last time and how Pacquiao missed a lot of times when both the commentators and the crowd made us believe his punches landed.

I thought he would just let it slip and I thought to myself: "If Pacquiao doesn't take a rematch here, then there can be only one option and that is, he's scared. **** his excuses about 'everyone saw who won', I still haven't gotten over how one of my favourite fighters, Froch, dodged a rematch with Dirrell who would obviously accept it if it was offered to him. Controversial fights needs rematches and the winner of the controversial fight is scared if it doesn't happen".

And then, all of a sudden... Pacquiao and Bradley will fight each other again! Even as a Mayweather fan, I usually find Mayweather's demands and excuses for avoiding Pacquiao weird (especially considering how I think Mayweather would win the fight), but I'm now more convinced than ever that Mayweather is the one avoiding Pacquiao.

Why?

Because, by accepting a rematch with Bradley, Pacquiao has earned my respect as a warrior who is never afraid to fight the best to prove his worth. If Pacquiao beats Bradley again, then I think Pacquiao should immediately be #2 P4P in the world.

Mayweather has still accomplished more than Pacquiao, but if Pacquiao beats Bradley directly, then Mayweather will really need to beat Pacquiao to continue to deserve his P4P #1 ranking, unless he beats Bradley too or beats Golovkin.

If anyone feels that Pacquiao has ever dodged anyone or can mention examples of when he took risky respectable fights, then please contribute with your observations.

Comment

The best fights everybody, Im not shamed to be the best, you gotta fight them all.. - Mike Tyson

Comment

No one really hates on Pacs ability or even Floyds for that matter. Most of it comes from the fanboys of each side. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone without bias actually tell you one or the other isn't an ATG.

Comment

I thought the first Bradley fight was very meaningful fight for Pac, young undefeated top of the food chain Bradley.
          Then there was no immediate rematch, which was fine by me, even though Pac wanted him as his return fight from JMM4 KTFO.

This is the best fight for both guys, props to Manny and Bradley here.

Comment

Cool story bro...

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
              I thought the first Bradley fight was very meaningful fight for Pac, young undefeated top of the food chain Bradley.
              Then there was no immediate rematch, which was fine by me, even though Pac wanted him as his return fight from JMM4 KTFO.

This is the best fight for both guys, props to Manny and Bradley here.
              Both Pacquiao and Bradley certainly deserves respect for taking this match! I never thought it would happen. Bring it on

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                No one really hates on Pacs ability or even Floyds for that matter. Most of it comes from the fanboys of each side. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone without bias actually tell you one or the other isn't an ATG.
                Pretty much this, man...

Anyone who is an actual fan of the sport will tell you that both these guys are amazing. Only fanboys of either side talk stupid about their respective abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Xpert View Post
                  Mayweather has still accomplished more than Pacquiao, but if Pacquiao beats Bradley directly, then Mayweather will really need to beat Pacquiao to continue to deserve his P4P #1 ranking, unless he beats Bradley too or beats Golovkin.
                  Money Mayweather had 10 fights for the last seven years
                  while Pacman had 17. A difference of seven fights.
                  That's like three bullets for Pacman, while one bullet for
                  Money Mayweather in a Russian roulette. Of course, the
                  guy who took more risks had more chances of losing.
                  What do you expect? I would agree with that if Money
                  Mayweather fought those missing seven fights and won them.
                  Nah. The guy is an established duck.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    Cool story bro...
                    Dude, don't talk. Your P4P list is:
                    1. Mayweather
                    2. Andre Ward
                    3. Rigondeaux
                    4. Pacquaio
                    5. Danny Garcia
                    6. Timothy Bradley
                    7. Wladimir Klitschko
                    8. Juan Marquez
                    9. Erislandy Lara
                    10. Provodnikov

While it should really be...
                    1. Mayweather
                    2. Andre Ward
                    3. Pacquaio
                    4. Wladimir Klitschko
                    5. Timothy Bradley
                    6. Juan Marquez
                    7. Rigondeaux
                    8. Danny Garcia
                    9. Erislandy Lara
                    10. Provodnikov

And that's just going immediately by the 10 you chose to be on the list.

Comment

Working...
                    X