Collapse
No announcement yet.

All this P.E.D stuff is making me question the history of the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like how some are just coming to the realization that boxing is a shady sport

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      No doubt. I bet PED's has been around for generations and been used.

It's why we need stricter testing and it seems to be heading that way, thankfully.
      While steroids have been around since the 1930s the problem that you run into is that it wasn't until the late 1980s early 1990s that they were worth a damn for boxing. The crude steroids available before then mad a user muscle bound very quickly which is worthless to a boxer as it kills the reflexes (which are far more important for boxing than muscle). There's a reason why old-school trainers forbade their fighters from lifting weights.

Blood doping wasn't developed until the 1970s and even then it didn't become widespread in sports until the '80s.

I wouldn't consider smelling salts and adrenaline to stop bleeding PEDS.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        While steroids have been around since the 1930s the problem that you run into is that it wasn't until the late 1980s early 1990s that they were worth a damn for boxing. The crude steroids available before then mad a user muscle bound very quickly which is worthless to a boxer as it kills the reflexes (which are far more important for boxing than muscle). There's a reason why old-school trainers forbade their fighters from lifting weights.

Blood doping wasn't developed until the 1970s and even then it didn't become widespread in sports until the '80s.

I wouldn't consider smelling salts and adrenaline to stop bleeding PEDS.

Poet
        I know, I know.

But I bet there was something. There's always something that people clutch at to get an advantage.

Either way, the "Modern era" the last few decades has been ridden with it, I believe.

Better testing is something that needs to be implemented.

Comment

You can tell though

This isn't rocket science.....

Guys like Lebron James or Dwight Howard to someone who never watches the NBA will seem like they are on Peds.....

you can easily tell what is natural and what is suspicious

NOW .... I say suspicious.. not confirmed

Suspicious = Pacquaio-Floyd- etc, guys like that if you look at their history and the body.

Natural (once again they could be using Peds but look natural)
          is like Carl Froch etc

Ricky Hatton

Suspicious (probably confirmed) Evander Holyfield
          Mike Tyson
          Razer Ruddock

these guys bodies look very unnaturally cut up

Natural-Lennox Lewis etc

Like if you compare Lewis's body to theirs, you can tell Lewis was natural but they were not. It's like common sense even a low IQ being can tell.

Now the only exception to the rule

is Frank Bruno

Frank Bruno LOOK 100% ON PEDS,, with that body, but testing after testing and the fact he still look the same

probably confirms he is not a ped user

Comment

I know, I know.

But I bet there was something. There's always something that people clutch at to get an advantage.

Either way, the "Modern era" the last few decades has been ridden with it, I believe.

Oh I agree. Unfortunately there has to be the will to do something about in the various sports governing bodies. So far only baseball has shown the will. MLB cracked down on 'roids and suddenly the homerun totals drop to their lowest in years. Go figure.

I doubt you'll see it in the NFL: They have too much riding on having guys beefed up and muscle bound.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by TheHayeMaker View Post
              You can tell though

This isn't rocket science.....

Guys like Lebron James or Dwight Howard to someone who never watches the NBA will seem like they are on Peds.....

you can easily tell what is natural and what is suspicious

NOW .... I say suspicious.. not confirmed

Suspicious = Pacquaio-Floyd- etc, guys like that if you look at their history and the body.

Natural (once again they could be using Peds but look natural)
              is like Carl Froch etc

Ricky Hatton

Suspicious (probably confirmed) Evander Holyfield
              Mike Tyson
              Razer Ruddock

these guys bodies look very unnaturally cut up

Natural-Lennox Lewis etc

Like if you compare Lewis's body to theirs, you can tell Lewis was natural but they were not. It's like common sense even a low IQ being can tell.

Now the only exception to the rule

is Frank Bruno

Frank Bruno LOOK 100% ON PEDS,, with that body, but testing after testing and the fact he still look the same

probably confirms he is not a ped user
              Bruno did a lot of weight lifting. It hurt him as a fighter.

Poet

Comment

The NBA and World Soccer is 100%

natural, when I visited rucker park, venice bench etc

the inner cities of chicago on tour, there's

guys like Lebro James body wise, Kobe Bryant body wise, all over the place.

6'6 monsters 6'7 guys who just seem to fly, they just don't have the skills. but it's easy to find guys with that body type

Just look at college basketball, most of them look like freaks. So it's not that big of a stretch.

As for World Soccer,

no amount of peds can help you stop a Cristiano Ronaldo blitz,

even God might have his hands full

Comment

I know, I know.

Imagine what would happen to boxing in the US if a fighter kills or comatises an opponent and then has PED's detected in his system during the post fight test?

Comment

Boxing has always been contaminated

Comment

trolling aside.

We are probably way over estimating this PED thing.

Once again I stress natural super athletes exist... Just go to Ruckers Park in NY.

Or queens and look at the playgrounds, there's guys there just playing basketball after high school or visiting from college that look like their ****ing heavyweights with WW speed. I highly doubt they are juicing just to 'show off' on the playgrounds home from college lol.

Now none of them have high skills,... they just got the bodies and natural athleticism.

So it's not that hard to believe the greats in boxing can do what they do without the use of enhancements... when there are 17 year old kids in NY that's like 6'4 and flying over 2 guys to dunk...

The only situations that rise doubt is
                      every successful weightclass jumping done without any issues what so ever

Floyd-Manny etc.

I'm not talking about MW to LHW

Or 160 to 168

those are easily done, but the things Floyd and Manny has done seems shady

especially with how Paranoid both are over the issue of Peds

general knowledge says when you keep saying you are not gay and keep bringing up gay things

you are gay

Comment

Working...
                      X