No announcement yet.

Barnes v Hare

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnes v Hare

Probably only the Brits will be interested in this but what are your picks for the British welterweight title fight between James Hare & David Barnes tomorrow? It's a real pick 'em type of fight where you can put up a solid argument for either man, both guys are good crafty boxers with some sneaky power especially Hare the way he throws his weird angled shots though champion Barnes is probably physically stronger. I think the loss to Rivera would have done Hare some good as he was in with an experienced guy and put up a good show even though it was his fourth 12 round fight in about 6 months so he was most likely jaded and we all know Barnes lost to Jimmy Vincent but got the decision so he'll have learned from that as well.
    I have been tipping Barnes to edge it but am changing my mind to a Hare win, I think his extra experience could help him out in this fight (32 fights to 15) and he'll win it on a close points decision.
    Last edited by barryboy; 11-11-2004, 11:22 AM.

Barnes wins a tight points decision. I hope he loses though - The Vincent fight has left a terrible taste in my mouth. It wouldn't have been as bad, if not for the flat denial that Barnes displayed after the Vincent fight. I'll be cheering on Hare, but my head says that Barnes should pinch it.

Comment

This should be a real cracker, looking forward to it, not seen much of either man really, saw barnes lose/win vs vincent and his improved performance after it, and saw a hare fight a while back. Looks like a good 50/50, no clue...going with hare on points.

Also is the junior witter fight on the bbc? on friday?

Comment

They're showing the Witter fight about 1pm on Saturday BBC1.

Comment

when i first seen this fight had been made i could'nt believe that barnes team had picked such a tough fight.
          barnes is a v good prospect but hare imo is a well polished all round fighter.
          this should be good early but in the championship rounds i see hare coming on alot stronger.
          i imagine it will go to points though with hare just nicking a close decision.

Comment

btw if barnes wins does he win a lonsdale belt outright?
            i was'nt too sure if he did.

Comment

I'm going with Hare by decision. I think he'll have a little to much for Barnes.

Comment

I must admit I have never seen Barnes fight, but after seeing Barry McGuigan liken him to a young Sugar Ray Leonard in last Saturday's Mirror, I am looking forward to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1punchmickey
                  btw if barnes wins does he win a lonsdale belt outright?
                  i was'nt too sure if he did.
                  Yeah he's going for the belt outright.
                  Don't know what McGuigan's on but I want some of it
                  Can't picture Sugar Ray being bothered by Jimmy Vincent

Comment

Originally posted by barryboy
                    Yeah he's going for the belt outright.
                    Don't know what McGuigan's on but I want some of it
                    Can't picture Sugar Ray being bothered by Jimmy Vincent
                    cheers for the info mate
                    i was in the bookies earlier today and the odds on the fight are
                    hare 1/2 on
                    barnes 6/4
                    draw 20/1
                    they've placed hare as a big favourite to win
                    it dont look too good for the new sugar ray. haha

Comment

Working...
                    X