Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lower weight class White boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also if you're going specifically lower weight class whites... most of the smaller american kids skip atheletics and go straight for education. Add to the fact that american childeren are generally larger in size than most other countries as it is. The average height and weight for a white male age 18 here, is drastically higher than say Mexico or Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
      Also if you're going specifically lower weight class whites... most of the smaller american kids skip atheletics and go straight for education. Add to the fact that american childeren are generally larger in size than most other countries as it is. The average height and weight for a white male age 18 here, is drastically higher than say Mexico or Asia.
      couldn't said it better..

Comment

Dunno about an American, but this white male is completely dominating his division....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxHRTQKKnyQ

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkeroo23 View Post
          The same reason why there are very few American white players in the NBA. The same reason most players in the NFL other than QB are black. The same reason why there aren't any white sprinters. They just aren't as good, aren't as naturally athletic, generally speaking. Yes there are always exceptions, im just talkin on average. Its not racist to say that, just looking at facts. Call it a genetic thing if you want
          You're telling me the white people who fought off greatly larger armies, fought and won most wars, had the ability to enslave people via intimidation for thousands of years before now, and were able to chase, out think, and out muscle every other civilization isn't as athletic?

What the ****? No matter how "bad" my comparisons may seem.... White people have been the dominant race for combat for thousands, and thousands of years. Is 50 years really changing that much?

No. It isn't.

It's mostly due to the fact that boxing gets a lot of it's guys from poor inner cities. The Irish, Jewish, and German kids all eventually got an education (or most) and moved on up in society. They no longer needed a "break" because they had a standard of living that was accessible to all. Now it's even more-so like that today with everyone, but black people and hispanic people are generally less educated at the collegiate level and as a result suffer and kids feel the only way out is through athletics.
          Last edited by Japanese Boxing; 10-24-2012, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
            Boxing is generally a lower-class sport. The Irish, Jews and Italians were at that time the lower-class in America, and as their living conditions got better, they became middle class and started to get more high-brow jobs.
            This..................

Comment

Capa got it bang on.

It's got nothing to do with who's athletically better.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                White people have been the dominant race for combat for thousands, and thousands of years.
                You base this on what?

Comment

Originally posted by Turd
                  Take a look at history and you'll find it to be true. Don't be offended dude.
                  Tell me all about it.

While you're at it, explain why the race that was so 'dominant in combat' was at various times shivering at the hands of the Turks, Arabs, Mongols, Moors and Japanese. To name a few.

There is no race that has been dominant in combat. That's a stupid claim. It's a cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd
                    If you were present in history class, or just school for that matter you'd know. I don't think neither of us need to explain it. White's have been dominant in lethal combat for ages throughout history. Again, his post wasn't meant to startle you, don't be offended.
                    Don't be dense.

The bulk of this dominance was over other white people.

Just like the bulk of Asian warfare was directed at other Asians, same for Meso-Americans and same for Africans.

It wasn't until around the 1800s that Europe began to significantly pull ahead of the rest of the world in terms of military, and it lasted until the Japanese began to catch up in the early 1900s, from there they at various times successfully defeated and humiliated the Russian Empire in a war over China, seized French Indochina, and took the most important British port outside of Great Britain itself. Not to mention large parts of Dutch Indonesia.

So I ask you again. Tell me all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by slickslysmooth View Post
                      Why does it seem most upcoming boxers are never white? Come to think of it, only one weight class is even dominated by Americans. I'm speaking White americans. Being a 17 year old who got attatched to boxing as his first sport, I wonder what happened?

Back in Americas uprising in the 20th century there were copius amounts of white boxers. Now they're either mexican, hispanic, asian, or black.

Will I ever see more Willie Peps or Jake LaMottas?

All I have to watch is like Malignaggi
                      Originally posted by slickslysmooth View Post
                      Although there are white fighters, it's Americans I never see. I believe the WW division is ran by all Americans, although like 3 of them are black. Not bashing America, I actually live in California(although I'm a filipino), I just wondered where they all went.

I guess it is true boxing could be a lower class sport, since most of the white people I know would love to be rich businessmen, my white neighbor is in love with making money it's crazy. I guess they can only become Bob Arums nowadays?
                      There is no division ran by them. Those guys, look white, but they are of hispanic heritage.

It is all about their environment, how they were raise and what they believe it will benefit them more. If you dont need to go through certain sacrifices in life, you wont choose the hard way.

Comment

Working...
                      X