Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquaio wouldn't never fight Cotto at 154, unless it was at a catchweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
    A 154lb fight at a catchweight of 154? Interesting.
    And Pacquiao wouldn't never fight Cotto at 154.

So he would fight him at 154 then...?

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
      I gotta say i like Cotto's management so far, think about it;

He loses to Marg, fights Clottey and everyone thinks he's somehow back.

He loses to Pacquiao, moves up in weight, beats a one-legged Foreman and a way past it Mayo, and once again the man is back and better then ever.

I honestly still see the same Cotto he's always been, Marg breaks him down, & Pac eats him alive at any weight.
      Hmmm .. yer, to some degree you have a point, there were some moments in the Mayorga fight I felt he could win. Cotto did look sort of shot, he is. Bah, what do I know!

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
        Hmmm .. yer, to some degree you have a point, there were some moments in the Mayorga fight I felt he could win. Cotto did look sort of shot, he is. Bah, what do I know!
        Hey to each his own, I like Cotto a lot, he's all heart. & i've been hoping to see a better all-around Cotto since he fought Foreman. Still haven't seen it though.

Fact is Cotto is still too easy to get at, his head is still just there for the picking. He might be a bit more disciplined with Steward, but he can still be walked down and tagged at will by guys like Pac & Marg.

The only way i see him beating Marg is if Marg is nothing but a shell of the fighter he once was.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
          Hey to each his own, I like Cotto a lot, he's all heart. & i've been hoping to see a better all-around Cotto since he fought Foreman. Still haven't seen it though.

Fact is Cotto is still too easy to get at, his head is still just there for the picking. He might be a bit more disciplined with Steward, but he can still be walked down and tagged at will by guys like Pac & Marg.

The only way i see him beating Marg is if Marg is nothing but a shell of the fighter he once was.
          Time will tell my friend, we don't know what state Marg is likely to be in after the Pac fight. To be honest, I think Cotto blows him out the water. Which goes against what everyone else is saying but is true. When you sustain a beating like that, including an eye socket chiseled out you can in no way come back any much better, but rather worse ...

Comment

Yeah, Cotto really scared Pacquiao when they fought. I can't believe Pacquiao can even think about Cotto's name without his knees knocking together.

Comment

as usual, floyd fanatics and haters are at it again. the crackweather seniors are also singing the same tune only when the fight is over. roger crackweather had been all over the news before that fight saying he would be surprised if pac beats cotto.

and have you heard cotto lately? the very boxer who fought pac in that fight wasn't making any excuses about being weight-drained and all that bs. he was in perfect physical condition. he was saying his fault is that he changed his game in midstream. he was doing well in the early rounds of the fight and say if he wants to do it differently and plans to go back in the ring against pac with a different game. no mention at all being weight-drained.

phuking fans know better than the boxer himself who fought in that fight.

Comment

Of course they'd have to challenge Cotto at 150lbs since the same would apply to Martinez. I'm pretty sure they know how hypocritical it would be to go the full 154 with Cotto. But Manny still beats him at the 154 limit.

Comment

Cotto would go down to 147 to fight Pac. Cotto only did 200k PPV against Mayorga. After getting a career high payday against Pacquiao, small purses like that don't seem worth it.

If there is a rematch Pacquiao calls the shots, not Cotto.

Comment

if cotto came back down to 147 and beat berto pac would ask for another 145 or 144 catchweight again lol

Comment

Working...
                    X