No announcement yet.

Rating Frazier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    It's hard to rate him inside the top 10 because of the short career he had.
    Longevity plays a big part in how I rate a fighters career. If this were not the case than Jeffries would have to be considered top 5 all time, no?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Cummings was never even close to being a top fighter as I said before. When you can tell me who Jumbo Cummings actually beat(or knocked out) get back to me.
      I was just waiting to read that Jumbo would have KO'd Wladimir Klitschko.

Jumbo was an ex con who started late. He never beat anyone even resembling a top 50 contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        I was just waiting to read that Jumbo would have KO'd Wladimir Klitschko.
        Jumbo was an ex con who started late. He never beat anyone even resembling a top 50 contender.
        LOL With some people that wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

1. Ali
          2. Louis
          3. Marciano
          4. Holmes
          5. Dempsey
          6. Liston
          7. Bivins
          8. Frazier

Ranked primarily on ability, only slightly on resume.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2
            does not make them a bad fighter either.. funny how Joseph & Scott post immediately behind your every post lol the three stooges..the good the bad and the ugly all 3 of you spend your time discrediting fighters on a daily basis from Joe Frazier down to Jumbo Cummings yet glorify any fighter who your idol Lennox fought with the exception of Oliver McCall, ive forgotten more about boxing that you 3 will ever know
            But then again remember when you said

-Whats Sam Langford claim to fame?
            -That Marvin Hagler never fought Roy Jones Jr Dad, when he did?
            -That Charley Burley wound't stand a chance with Tony Zale?
            -That there is no such thing as the black murderers row?

Comment

does not make them a bad fighter either.. funny how Joseph & Scott post immediately behind your every post lol the three stooges..the good the bad and the ugly all 3 of you spend your time discrediting fighters on a daily basis from Joe Frazier down to Jumbo Cummings

Stop lying,I've spent more time than anyone here defending Frazier.

Comment

Cummings was robbed of victory against Frazier and only the bell saved top contender Frank Bruno from certain defeat, Cummings also had Witherspoon hanging on for dear life in the last 2rds of their fight.. Cummings was not a contender he was very tough pro fighter who was in incredible physical shape, Legendary BBC Boxing commentator Harry Carpenter said,"Jumbo Cummings was the biggest man he had ever seen in his life" while calling his fight with Frank Bruno and Carpenter commentated on boxing for more than 40yrs... Scott if you need any more info on the guy just drop me a line as i enjoy educating you
                So Cummings finished with a record of 15-6 and never beat a top 50 contender. No more information needed. But I'm sure if he were fighting now you'd be pissing all over him.

Comment

Originally posted by MeccaOfBoxing View Post
                  But then again remember when you said

-Whats Sam Langford claim to fame?
                  -That Marvin Hagler never fought Roy Jones Jr Dad, when he did?
                  -That Charley Burley wound't stand a chance with Tony Zale?
                  -That there is no such thing as the black murderers row?
                  I'll add that Sonny Claimed Harry Wills did nothing to deserve a shot at Jack Dempsey.

I wish some people here would quit lying to Sonny and telling him he's a good poster. He's delusional enough to believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    So Cummings finished with a record of 15-6 and never beat a top 50 contender. No more information needed. But I'm sure if he were fighting now you'd be pissing all over him.
                    Of course he would. Or if Lennox Lewis made a title defense against Cummings. Nothing else needs to be said there.

Comment

if Lewis fought Cummings you would be claiming Cummings to be an ATG like the bums who Lewis actually chose to fight like Grant, Mavrovich, Jackson, Fortune, Butler... keep backing up your two bum boy chums "The three stooges" lol.. Lewis & Tyson never wobbled Bruno like Cummings did

Lewis and tyson both beat Bruno. Something Cummings couldn't do. In fact Cummings never beat anybody other than part time sparring partners. That's just another example of your stupid logic.

Comment

Working...
                      X