Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 George Foreman vs todays David Haye

who would win this fight? im talking about this foreman here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCpW0QJOPtM

at this stage he was in his 40's and obviously very past his prime but still had a monster chin and huge power. how would he do against todays HW divison, specifically Haye?
    foreman by KO
    82.93%
    foreman by DEC
    2.44%
    haye by KO
    2.44%
    haye by DEC
    12.20%

As in the George Foreman who gave a prime Evander Holyfield one of his toughest fights?

Foreman KO and it wouldn't be long into the fight. Haye wouldn't be able to take 1/10th of the punches that Holyfield took that fight, but then again he would never stand and trade.

Foreman KO 4 probably.

Comment

Prime Foreman vs any heavyweight post Zaire = Victory and thats no shot at Haye

Comment

Haye would throw 3 punches the whole fight while running every round

Comment

People might say an easy knockout for Foreman, and I'd like to believe so, but let's not forget that he was UD'd by another small, shaky-chinned fighter named Tommy Morrison (RIP). In fact his chin was probably considerably worse than Haye's. As I recall, Morrison hit, held and ran. I'm wondering if Haye could pull that off as well.

I actually remember watching that fight live as a kid and getting mad that Foreman lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            People might say an easy knockout for Foreman, and I'd like to believe so, but let's not forget that he was UD'd by another small, shaky-chinned fighter named Tommy Morrison (RIP). In fact his chin was probably considerably worse than Haye's. As I recall, Morrison hit, held and ran. I'm wondering if Haye could pull that off as well.

I actually remember watching that fight live as a kid and getting mad that Foreman lost.
            foreman/morrsion was in 93 a good 2 years after the holyfield fight and foreman regressed alot in those 2 years. no way in hell morrsion would have held up against the foreman holyfeild fought

Comment

this fight would be insanely boring.

i think haye pot shots and runs all night and may get away with a close decision. Evander provided a lot of action and opportunities for George. Haye won't.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                As in the George Foreman who gave a prime Evander Holyfield one of his toughest fights?

Foreman KO and it wouldn't be long into the fight. Haye wouldn't be able to take 1/10th of the punches that Holyfield took that fight, but then again he would never stand and trade.

Foreman KO 4 probably.
                Different type of fighter, Holyfield always knew he had a fantastic chin. He wasn't afraid to mix it up. I could just as easily say Foreman who struggled massively with the undersized Moorer for 9 rounds. Morrison who wasn't the best mover in the world and had a pretty poor chin outboxed Foreman quite easily, old Foreman also went life and death with Schulz and Savarese and had quite a rought fight with Alex Stewart if memory serves. If Haye came in looking to trade obviously he loses, but realistically Haye clearly has the reflexes, footspeed/handspeed to beat this Foreman.

If Wlad couldn't really hurt Haye because of his head movement and footwork and his 'running' style then I doubt the old Foreman could. Prime Foreman takes Haye apart obviously not doubt about it.

Comment

Foreman all the way...haye is a little prissy b!tch with not nearly half the heart...dude blamed his ****ing toe on a bad performance...lost all respect...

Comment

A very old john ruiz (a heavyweight that roy jones completely outclassed) had haye on qeer street...........
                    Last edited by Godsfly; 07-31-2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X