Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto eyes $10 million purse for Canelo fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'am glad to see Cotto get that cash the guy has always fought guys in their prime. I think Canelo beats him by decision if this fight happens though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrarijones View Post
      See. I've been saying Floyd and Canelo aren't fighting in September. It doesn't make sense business wise for Showtime. They can put up this fight and sell a ton, then make WAY more money on the Floyd-Canelo fighting having it in May of next year. I don't think Floyd is fighting Khan in September though. It'll probably be Alexander for better or worse, but Khan is waiting on the winner of the 140lb tournament. If he gets beat by Floyd, there's no point really. Unless the winner of that fights Floyd.

Anyway, I don't really see Cotto troubling Canelo too much. He keeps switching trainers like socks. Doesn't seem to have the same drive for boxing anymore. I believe Canelo stops him. Cotto is just doing this for the payday.
      See what?Nothing has been confirmed about a Cotto/Canelo fight negotiation.Its just some guy speculating to get website hits.Schaefer said he`s meeting Al Haymon this week to discuss a possible Canelo vs Floyd fight.

Comment

The guy who wrote that article is just trying to get hits.There`s no way in hell Cotto would get 10 mil for a fight with Canelo when Cotto lost twice in a row.And Richard Scheafer said nothing about a negotiation for a Cotto vs Canelo fight.He said he`s meeting with Floyd people later this week to try to make a Canelo vs Floyd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          How close the fights were???

Combined....he lost 17-7 in rounds. Cotto has won 7 rounds in 2 fights.

If Floyd-Canelo doesn't come off, I really wanted Canelo to fight the Lara-Angulo winner.
          I'd rather see Canelo fight Cotto than Lara to be truthful. Yes Cotto has lost back to back fights but its not as though he was white washed by some schmucks, he had competitive fights with both Mayweather and Trout.

In terms of resume Cotto is ahead of Lara, in terms of ability they're in the same ball park, in terms of name value Cotto is leaps and bounds ahead of Lara. Overall a Cotto v Canelo fight makes for a better event, whilst the competitive nature of the the fight is round about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            LOL at how the Floyd fanboys rather see Canelo fight Cotto than Floyd only so they can bash Canelo afterwards for beating a washed up Cotto who lost his last 2 fights by domination!
            Yo do know that Floyd has 5 fights left?

Comment

He got seven million for the Floyd fight. No way he gets 10 for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by chaposinaloa View Post
                He got seven million for the Floyd fight. No way he gets 10 for this one.
                Cotto got 8 million guranteed for the Mayweather fight and 30% of the PPV money. From what I know he made 13.5 million.

Comment

Im not so sure cotto would lose..hes lost his last two and he is slowly fading yes..but this is possibly a pick em type of fight..just lost its luster since cotto lost his last two fights..cotto still a game dog i think..yeah he lost to trout cause he didnt have the right gameplan and lost to mayweather...well because its mayweather..so idk canelo good but they better not underestimate cotto..even though cotto might be slowing down i wouldnt count him out just yet..

Comment

Cotto would make a lot of money for the Canelo fight but would take a huge beating.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                      Canelo will prabably get like 5Mills with atleast 45% of the PPVs.

And before the mexis get their panties wet, Cotto is a proven PPV seller!!
                      we outnumber you and not only that we got more champions and follow boxing NO MATTER WHAT... canelo will get more ppvs than cotto, FACT.

Comment

Working...
                      X