No announcement yet.

Rumor has it Goldenboy owns the rights to a September 13 fight at MGM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor has it Goldenboy owns the rights to a September 13 fight at MGM

From what i've read online GBP has the rights to MGM for September 13 not Mayweather Promo. Could this mean we could see Floyd fight at the Barclays Center for that date? Sparking the discussion

Canelo-Lara gets canceled, and they move Canelo-TBA to September 13th.

Not really though.

Comment

no way Floyd fights in NY with those taxes. He'll just fight in another building in Vegas

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rws25 View Post
          From what i've read online GBP has the rights to MGM for September 13 not Mayweather Promo. Could this mean we could see Floyd fight at the Barclays Center for that date? Sparking the discussion
          Who knows, I remember Richard Scheffer was threatening the MGM staff that he will never do business their again if they didnt let Episonza on stage. Might have been just words or not but one thing is for sure in business their is no loyalty its all just about the money (which it should be)./

So if GBP has MGM grand locked and boguard it on Mexican Independence weekend I dont see Myaweather and team stressing that much, they just go across the street.

Comment

There's no owning the rights to a date. The date was reserved for an event. Was it GBP who reserved it? Doubtful

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              no way Floyd fights in NY with those taxes. He'll just fight in another building in Vegas
              Barclays would probably give Floyd huge gate $$$ to off set the taxes...

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post
                Who knows, I remember Richard Scheffer was threatening the MGM staff that he will never do business their again if they didnt let Episonza on stage. Might have been just words or not but one thing is for sure in business their is no loyalty its all just about the money (which it should be)./

So if GBP has MGM grand locked and boguard it on Mexican Independence weekend I dont see Myaweather and team stressing that much, they just go across the street.
                Really, I never heard of that. Why didn't the MGM let Espinoza on stage

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
                  Really, I never heard of that. Why didn't the MGM let Espinoza on stage
                  It was just poor timing I guess, he got caught up with 2chains and Rick Ross crew that were trying to get on stage and the guards/cops werent gonna let them ghetto fucks on stage and Espinoza was caught up in that situation lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X