Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has it taken so long for Golovkin to get popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why has it taken so long for Golovkin to get popular?

I for one am a huge fan of GGG. Only thing is I haven't seen half of his fights bc HBO or Showtime hasn't televised him untill the last year or so. He's 30 yr old, already has 6 title defenses and his style doesn't get anymore fan friendly so why has it taken so long for him to get exposure in the USA? Is it bc of his opposition not being the best or promotional issues? Someone please help me out here

He had promotional issues with Universum and wasn't allowed to fight in the US.

Comment

Because he was with universum who was giving him **** opposition and paying off the WBA to protect their star Sturm. When he tried to break free of his contract, he was sued, which meant he couldnt fight in the US or Germany. So he fought 2 fights in Panama And Kaz. He eventually came to terms with Universum that he would be free after 11/2011... After that he had 1 fight and then signed to fight Pirog.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Because he was with universum who was giving him **** opposition and paying off the WBA to protect their star Sturm. When he tried to break free of his contract, he was sued, which meant he couldnt fight in the US or Germany. So he fought 2 fights in Panama And Kaz. He eventually came to terms with Universum that he would be free after 11/2011... After that he had 1 fight and then signed to fight Pirog.
        I knew there had to be some behind the scenes political bs. Thanks for the info bro

Comment

Because he's not American

Comment

because hes not in worldstarhiphop

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              Because he's not American
              Originally posted by I'm Not Sorry View Post
              because hes not in worldstarhiphop
              Didn't take long for the idiots to show up....

Comment

One word - universum.

And the reason behind it? Felix Sturm.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  you didnt take long enough to reply....

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    didn't make points or debate my position just insulted my person.

Please reply with something of substance, If you're incapable of sustaining a normal conversation then refrain from quoting me or replying to my post.

Comment

Working...
                    X