Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is common knowledge. mayweather isn't called the biggest ducker of all time for nothing. why you think he kept on doing his vanishing acts, not one, not twice but multiple times.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      LOL @ "ducked his own cherry pick".
      He might be the first boxer to ever do that

What a prestigious title to hold.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
        Yup, and it turns out he's still shook. Ducking Martinez, Canelo, and even fucking Robert Guerrero. Ducking his own cherry pick, how does that even happen?

Comment

• I'm really not so sure Floyd would have beaten Margarito.

To all the people downplaying Margarito : did you ever watch him fight in his prime??? I seriously doubt it.

Floyd slowed down Corralles with his speed and precision and confused him with his defense and beat him because he broke him down

You simply couldn't do that with Margarito. In his prime, he wasn't human. The more you hit him, the stronger he got and absolutely nothing would slow him down. He was just an avalanche that kept getting stronger and stronger as the fight went on.

Not to mention he would have been the biggest guy Floyd has ever fought with every size advantage on top of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
            I'm really not so sure Floyd would have beaten Margarito.

To all the people downplaying Margarito : did you ever watch him fight in his prime??? I seriously doubt it.

Floyd slowed down Corralles with his speed and precision and confused him with his defense and beat him because he broke him down

You simply couldn't do that with Margarito. In his prime, he wasn't human. The more you hit him, the stronger he got and absolutely nothing would slow him down. He was just an avalanche that kept getting stronger and stronger as the fight went on.

Not to mention he would have been the biggest guy Floyd has ever fought with every size advantage on top of that.
            floyd would have pot shotted him all night, and he would have had margarito going in circle trying to catch him. Floyd's hand speed would have been to much and his footwork also. Margo will forever be tainted for the scandal but i'll tell u one thing there is a guy "margo" that I would want to have my back in a fight. I hate margarito but for some reason i like the guy his chin was just fregin amazing

Comment

• and i quote...

Larry Merchant- the greatest fighters always take on all big challenges like a Cotto.. like a Forrest...

Mayweather- I did what i had to do in this sport....im gonna retire from boxing, im not going to let boxing retire me.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                this is common knowledge. mayweather isn't called the biggest ducker of all time for nothing. why you think he kept on doing his vanishing acts, not one, not twice but multiple times.
                How about Pac ducking Mosley in 2009 That was more shameful than anything Floyd has ever done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                  I'm really not so sure Floyd would have beaten Margarito.

Mosley, Williams, and Santos would likely disagree with you there.

Comment

• No.

What fight did he have coming up when he retired?

That's right; a rematch with Oscar De La Hoya. If he was worried about the level of competition, he would have taken the rematch with Golden Boy first and got that last massive massive check.

He retired because he's a moron, and didn't realize he would have to completely change everything about his lifestyle once he retires, or else he would go broke very quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
                      How about Pac ducking Mosley in 2009 That was more shameful than anything Floyd has ever done.
                      Congratulations...We have a Winner. For making the dumbest post of the year and displaying ignorance and and lack of common sense and knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                      X