Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's worse a devestating one punch KO or a sustained 12 round beating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighters usually don't come back for more after then get out-classed for 12 Rounds (well besides Carl Froch lol)

but with a One Punch KO...sometimes fans try to label that a "Lucky Punch" and fighters have been able to bounch back from that and then come back and dominate their opponent Hasim Rahman vs Lennox Lewis is a good example of that, Lennox get knocked out in the first fight, then came back and dominated him and knocked him out show that Rahman win was a FLUKE!

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      good post

Being knocked unconscious is embarrassing and humiliating
      And getting beat down for 12 rounds isnt?

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
        That's kind of like what happened to Meldrick Taylor against Julio Cesar Chavez.
        Exactly and it ruined him

Same with Vargas against Trinidad

Comment

Lmao, I'd imagine I know how this is going to go: the die hard FMJ fans will be selecting one punch KO with what happened to Manny over the weekend, while the Pac fans will all be going with 12 rd beat down.

But come on, this is too easy. 12 round beat down in a land slide. A 12 round beat down means you shouldn't even be in the same ring as a guy. A one punch KO shot can happen to anyone, anytime.

I mean would any of you put money on Randall Bailey over Mike Jones in a rematch? Fuuuuuukkkk no, nobody in their right mind would. Jones is three times the better boxer, but he got nailed with a violent one punch KO that lost him the fight that night.

But if you put those two in the ring for 10 consecutive fights, Jones probably wins 9 of them (if not all 10).

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            And getting beat down for 12 rounds isnt?
            Not to the extent that being KO'd unconscious is. Stoppages or tkos happen all the time. Outright KOs where people fall asleep for a minute or two are rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Exactly and it ruined him

Same with Vargas against Trinidad
              I could make a better case for Terry Norris ruining Taylor than Chavez~

Taylor went on and beat solid guys at 147 winning a belt after losing to JCC, it wasn't until he went to 154 got crushed by Norris that his career really fell off~

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Not to the extent that being KO'd unconscious is. Stoppages or tkos happen all the time. Outright KOs where people fall asleep for a minute or two are rare.
                I didnt say its AS embarrassing. You said getting KO'd is embarrassing and humiliating, implying that getting beat down for 12 rounds isnt

Comment

If we're talking about brain damage, a sustained beating is generally worse, in my opinion. The repeated jolts to the brain are probably worse than one big blow that momentarily shuts off the circuit and causes a KO.

Comment

One punch ko is more embarrassing but can happen to anyone
                    To be outclassed for 12 rounds will have a fighter questioning whether he is good enough at a certain level
                    Both can be overcome tho
                    Lewis after a devastating ko and Marquez after being dominated by Floyd
                    One thing that is certain tho is boxing needs serious mental strength

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                      These are the worst two things that could happen to a fighter imo.
                      12 round beating, like the one Calzaghe gave Lacy, is worse for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X