No announcement yet.

Odlanier Solis is a fat waste of talent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odlanier Solis is a fat waste of talent

I been watching some of his amateur fights on youtube and this guy had some excellent hand and foot speed and good pop in his punches for an amateur but its really sad watching him now, he looks like a fat blob who is more interested in his burgers than his boxing. His feet look like there stuck in cement and his upper body movement has gone. I tell you heavyweights are bloody annoying you got Solis who has good talent but is so fat he cant use it anymore then you have Haye who has good talent but doesn’t want to take any risks at all, Just so depressing get your acts together.

If Solis could keep himself away from the refridgerator, he'd be a real force at heavyweight.

But he just keeps getting fatter and fatter.

Comment

Thanks for posting the video. I've never seen that before. Solis was behind early but came back to RSC David Haye.

Quite interesting, too bad most people are busy trolling about Mayweather/Pacquiao contracts, potential opponents, steroid testing, fight locations, etc. to even notice a decent post.

But back to the topic at-hand, I agree. He's an Olympic gold medalist, tournament winner at various world-class amateur competitions. Now, he's 260+ lbs. at 73 inches in height. Truly sad.

Comment

It's a shame. Most of the Heavyweight are like this now. It's no secret why the Klitschko's are so good, They dedicate themselves and have been dominating for years now. Dedication pays off but alot of people just can't be bothered.

This is why guy's like Odlanier Solis and Chris Arreola will never beat a Klitschko, They just don't take boxing serious enough. Not serious enough to become champion anyway.

Comment

I get the disappointment, but I haven't lost faith.

If you look at his most recent fight, you can see weight resting on his shoulders, bicep and thighs, not so much in his gut.

This is giving him mad power.

Call me crazy, I like this Solis.

I think in the age of 240lbs, 7 Feet tall Heavyweights, I think only this version of Solis can compete.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
            I get the disappointment, but I haven't lost faith.

If you look at his most recent fight, you can see weight resting on his shoulders, bicep and thighs, not so much in his gut.

This is giving him mad power.

Call me crazy, I like this Solis.

I think in the age of 240lbs, 7 Feet tall Heavyweights, I think only this version of Solis can compete.
            I agree with this.

Comment

It's funny that even though Solis is a fat waste Haye is still too scared of him to even mention his name as a possible opponent. Though Solis would probably jump at the chance, and it would make for a legitimate fight, Haye has no interest in fighting anyone who may prove to be a challenge.

Comment

Question: Why is Solis not scheduled to fight? He's only had 16 pro fights and should be at least fighting every 3-5 months; his last fight was in March. Also, I heard that the WBC was setting up some kind of eliminator fight to determine the number 1 spot in their rankings. Valuev and Ray Austin were mentioned as opponents but I haven't heard anything for awhile now..

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Question: Why is Solis not scheduled to fight? He's only had 16 pro fights and should be at least fighting every 3-5 months; his last fight was in March. Also, I heard that the WBC was setting up some kind of eliminator fight to determine the number 1 spot in their rankings. Valuev and Ray Austin were mentioned as opponents but I haven't heard anything for awhile now..
                  he was supposed to fight Valuev next (WBC ordered it), but Ray Austin got in the way legally, preventing the fight since he was/is the WBC #1 contender. So that **** has to be figured out now.

Comment

His weight is ridiculous. He doesn't have the speed to pose a threat to the Klitschko's or other top Heavyweights.

Comment

Working...
                    X