No announcement yet.

Breaking News: Dwight Howard to the Lakers, a done deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lebrick View Post
    i talk to a lot of hardcore orlando fans and they are relieved that howard is gone. they are used to have a team that sucked.. heart and hustle team is what they really like. of course having a guy of dwight's caliber is a bonus for them.
    they hate fans that root for magic because of dwight, they understand business and they hate dwight twice as they hate shaq. how dwight held their team hostage for the past year. they were really shocked how dwight evolved into a douche towards the end of his contract..
    they hate a team winning 40-42 games knowing they will be mediocre and wont be building a team winning a chip..they know their only way building a winning team is through draft. they better draft a wing next time they pick first, picking a center would be devastating for them..
    I'm a lifelong Magic fan, and I while I hate how Dwight acted I'm not going to pretend that just him being gone is a good thing.

We'll see what they are saying in the middle of next year when the Magic are 7-34. It was never Dwight's fault that the Magic weren't better. Even last year, when he was half assing and being a jerk, he was the reason the Magic made the playoffs. Look at their performance when he went out with the back injury. The Magic were awful.

Dwight is as good a piece as exists in the NBA to build a team around. The Magic had a team that made the Finals, they blew it up, and they have suffered ever since. If they knew you have to build a team through the draft, why did they blow up the team they had that had so many young, valuable players? That's not Dwight's fault, and I'm not going to blame him when he wants out because the people running the team are amazingly idiotic.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      good luck to the rest of the NBA
      Now you're saying he never had the Alpha dog factor to be the man to lead the Lakers to win championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        Apparently Howard is very unlikely to resign after this season though.
        Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        yea because he'd rather get a cheaper contract...Lakers own his Bird rights
        Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        Now you're saying he never had the Alpha dog factor to be the man to lead the Lakers to win championships.

this is why Mak is always mad. She's always wrong about everything and she flips out on me every time I call it right.

tough world for a man these days.

Comment

• Can't believe how badly this blew up in the Lakers faces. Talk about one of the all time disappointments.

Comment

• Originally posted by lebrick View Post
            imagine if dwight never restrict his preffered destination, the magic GM being a former OKC staff would gift wrap him there, in exchange of russel+ibaka or harden+ibaka, both which magic can build through as a foundation..

or swap straight to blake + contact dump

or to new orleans for the rights to unibrow and 1 bad contract..

the possibilities were limitless.. but since dwight only wants nets and lately lakers were able to sway him, the rest is history..
            Bet OKC and the Clippers are devastated.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              Bet OKC and the Clippers are devastated.

i will wait till next season.. that time dwight will be demanding a new team..

Comment

• NEW WORLD ORDER after Howard Trade

1 okc
                2 spurs
                3 rockets
                4 memphis
                5 clippers
                6 warriors
                7 dallas
                8 pelicans or denver

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Keni Styles View Post
                  NEW WORLD ORDER after Howard Trade

1 okc
                  2 spurs
                  3 rockets
                  4 memphis
                  5 clippers
                  6 warriors
                  7 dallas
                  8 pelicans or denver
                  well first you should be clear that you're just making a west ranking.

2nd, no way Dallas makes the playoffs this year. they should be contending for the Wiggins pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Keni Styles View Post
                    NEW WORLD ORDER after Howard Trade

1 okc
                    2 spurs
                    3 rockets
                    4 memphis
                    5 clippers
                    6 warriors
                    7 dallas
                    8 pelicans or denver

Spurs are number 1, they'll probably be even better because Leonard will take over Manu's role which he's more than capable of doing.

OKC is ****ed, I doubt they are even better than Memphis. Westbrook coming off a knee injury and they lose Martin. Westbrook relies on his athleticism to score, without it he's nothing, chances are his athleticism takes a big hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      Spurs are number 1, they'll probably be even better because Leonard will take over Manu's role which he's more than capable of doing.

OKC is ****ed, I doubt they are even better than Memphis. Westbrook coming off a knee injury and they lose Martin. Westbrook relies on his athleticism to score, without it he's nothing, chances are his athleticism takes a big hit.
                      westbrook is young and its his first major injury....hell be back as good as ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X