Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broners problem was put on display in the Maidana fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
    It's easy to watch a fight and say " oh that guy should have listened to his corner"

It's a lot harder to be in the ring while Maidana is pounding on you and trying to take your soul.
    You are missing my point, the point of a trainer and a corner is to see what you can not see and tell you what you are doing wrong. They told Broner this and he even got upset and them and refused to listen. I am not discrediting Maidana i am just pointing out that a trainer, a coach etc is there for a reason and to not listen to them reflects on the fighters attitude to learning and listening

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
      I think broners problem was that Maidana applies too much pressure, hits too hard and from too many weird angles.

Broner just wasn't ready for Maidana. He's too young and inexperienced to tango with a veteran and battle hardened bull like Maidana.
      I agree alot of people forget how young he is, hes just not ready he should have stayed at 135 his last 2 fights then went to 140

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
        AB is just tooooo arrogant to listen to mere mortals.
        this, he is too arrogant to take anyone's advice. i remember thinking during the fight how disrespectful he was with his own corner

Comment

He should drop the shoulder roll. It's not as bad as bertos but it's still kinda crappy

Comment

His problems:

Doesn't punch enough
            Doesn't move
            Leaky defense

All while thinking he does the above great, when he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              His problems:

Doesn't punch enough
              Doesn't move
              Leaky defense

All while thinking he does the above great, when he doesn't.
              His main problem i think is going up too soon. And at 147 at that. Weight wise alone, the Maidana fight was an utter mismatch. May was able to withstand Maidana because he is bigger that Broner and skill is on a different level. Broner should have tried 140 first.

Comment

Adrien is just not that good. He cannot hang with fighters in the Class A & B levels. If you look at his fighting style you can see he is just a mediocre fighter.

Not an elite fighter and will never be.

Comment

Broner's problem in the Maidana fight was Maidana.

Comment

I think Adrien Broner's biggest problem is that he is Adrien Broner.

Comment

AB's problem is simple.

If he stands in front of a puncher at 147 he is going to take punishment.

He is pretty flat footed and defensively suspect.

No convincing wins at 147, and some pretty average displays at 140.

I am warming up to AB, he is always going to be at risk at 147 now so the fights should entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X