Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some fights where if it went one more round, the loser Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merciless1 View Post
    Lewis vs Klitschko. Such a good fight.
    Vitali eye was getting worse, and even though Lewis was gassing he would still have landed his bombs and maybe literally taken Vitali's eye out.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Khan-Maidana. Mattysse ko's Devon in 12.

Khan got his legs back at the end of the 11th and came on strong in the 12th, could see any change with one more round.

Andrade vs Bute I

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
      I totally don't agree, look at the end of the last round, Lennox land some good shot on the inside and Vitali is holding really bad. Vitali was as exhausted and hurt as Lennox in this fight. Vitali then played his little game : ohhhh I would have beaten him he was gassed out, lol yeah right, it's easy to say after they just stopped the fight

Been awhile since I watched it, but his reaction to the stoppage led me to believe he felt like he could have won. I'll give it a look on youtube to refresh my memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        If Maidana didn't do much in the last two rounds of a 12 round fight, what makes you think he would do anything in rounds 13, 14 and 15 then?

I can certainly go with the argument that if Round 10 was a longer round then Khan may well have been TKO'd, however im not gonna buy the if it was a 15 round fight Maidana would have won.

By the end of the 12th Maidana was gassed if i remember correctly, i think Khan looked fresher out the two towards the end of the fight.

And you call it ''getting on his bike'' well call it what you want. That's all Khan would have needed to do in rounds 13, 14 and 15 to win a UD victory.
        edit: for whatever reason, my post was completely butchered/incomplete after i posted it. brb...

Who knows, i could be wrong, you could be wrong. Khan was fresh enough that he could weather the storm in the tenth round, i have serious doubts that he could weather another storm like it, too much was taken out of him in the tenth. Khan could stand his ground and 'finish strong' in the 12th because he knew it was just that, the last round. Maidana was eating his punches, and still coming forward. I find it very possible/probable that maidana would have caught him with another punch, and khan wouldnt have been able to survive/recover from it.
        Last edited by ~AK49~; 07-06-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=D4thincarnation;12308244]Vitali eye was getting worse, and even though Lewis was gassing he would still have landed his bombs and maybe literally taken Vitali's eye out.

True. Looked like hamburger meat, but he seemed like he was game. Could have just been an act, but I doubt it. It was a good stoppage tho. Sad thing is it wasn't even a flush shot that produced the cut.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
            Maidana was rapidly closing the gap on the scorecards. He was on his bike the last couple of rounds (few if you count the tenth when he was on queer street the whole round) all in the hopes of surviving. Who knows, khan might%
            And he did survive.

And he won.

Simple as that.

This is Boxing, not internet warrior fighting.

I know you would have stood and fought toe to toe after getting hit with that overhand right by Maidana, i know.

Comment

here's a wildcard for ya! I think if Hagler/Leonard would have had a rd 13, Hagler would have gotten at least a draw and might have KOed Ray.

Comment

And he did survive.

And he won.

Simple as that.

This is Boxing, not internet warrior fighting.

I know you would have stood and fought toe to toe after getting hit with that overhand right by Maidana, i know.
                see my edit. For whatever reason, about 3/4 of my original post was deleted, and the part that remained was butchered.

Yes, he did survive and win. Imo, if there were a few extra rounds, maidana would have caught khan again with a brutal punch. I have doubts that khan would have been fresh enough to survive/recover from another round like the 10th.

I would have stood and fought toe to toe after getting hit, thats just the type of fighter that i am. That doesnt mean i wouldnt have gotten kayo'd tho lol. In anycase, this has nothing to do with me.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  see my edit. For whatever reason, about 3/4 of my original post was deleted, and the part that remained was butchered.

Yes, he did survive and win. Imo, if there were a few extra rounds, maidana would have caught khan again with a brutal punch. I have doubts that khan would have been fresh enough to survive/recover from another round like the 10th.

I would have stood and fought toe to toe after getting hit, thats just the type of fighter that i am. That doesnt mean i wouldnt have gotten kayo'd tho lol. In anycase, this has nothing to do with me.
                  Fair enough, however the only reason i mentioned how you would react was after your ''queer street'' comment.

Im 99.9% sure you wouldn't even get into the ring with Maidana nevermind how you would react to that overhand right

I always find it hilarious when i see people on the internet say stuff like ''queer street'' when they're talking about professional fighters

To each their own though.

Comment

Calzaghe - Lacy

Oh wait

Comment

Fair enough, however the only reason i mentioned how you would react was after your ''queer street'' comment.

Im 99.9% sure you wouldn't even get into the ring with Maidana nevermind how you would react to that overhand right

I always find it hilarious when i see people on the internet say stuff like ''queer street'' when they're talking about professional fighters

To each their own though.
                      Its just calling a spade a spade man, he was definitely on queer street. If i was trained and conditioned more seriously (alot more seriously) i wouldnt have any problem stepping in the ring with maidana. Not saying i would win, but i am a fighter/scrapper who likes to fight. I aint scurred of getting my ass kicked lol.

As it is right now, i can only fight 3-5 rounds hard, then im spent and in trouble haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X