TUF season 12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brookins is a beast.

I think he wins it all.

And Cody is still my favorite fighter in TUF eventhough he lost.

I've been rooting for brookins and cody ever since this season started.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
      do you think nam can take brookins to a decision? i don't see him lasting that long. the only question for me is, out of all the guys still in it can i see any of them able to hang with brookins? maybe watson, he has good BJJ. johnson either wins by gray n pray or gets choked out
      I don't like the way Nam matches up with Brookins. I agree that Brookins is the current favorite to win the whole tournament. Johnson seems decent as well, and I'd probably rate Nam the 3rd favorite, based on the different stylistic matchups, etc. I basically can see Nam struggling against the superior wrestlers.

I have to say, I was quite disappointed by the matchmaking which had Nam and McKenzie face off. That was the worst matchup possible for McKenzie, as Nam is a striker and McKenzie's entire style is basically oriented toward guillotining wrestlers. The matchup which White mentioned of Nam Phan vs Bruce Leroy would've been much better imo. I would've liked to see McKenzie-Johnson to see if McKenzie could guillotine another wrestler (that said, I get the feeling for some reason that they would've wanted that to happen).

In anycase, I basically see Leroy getting smashed by Johnson in his next fight. The remaining Wilkinson-Watkins fight I can basically see going either way, and I'm not really convinced either guy can hang with the rest of the field (with the exception of Leroy).

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        I don't like the way Nam matches up with Brookins. I agree that Brookins is the current favorite to win the whole tournament. Johnson seems decent as well, and I'd probably rate Nam the 3rd favorite, based on the different stylistic matchups, etc. I basically can see Nam struggling against the superior wrestlers.

I have to say, I was quite disappointed by the matchmaking which had Nam and McKenzie face off. That was the worst matchup possible for McKenzie, as Nam is a striker and McKenzie's entire style is basically oriented toward guillotining wrestlers. The matchup which White mentioned of Nam Phan vs Bruce Leroy would've been much better imo. I would've liked to see McKenzie-Johnson to see if McKenzie could guillotine another wrestler (that said, I get the feeling for some reason that they would've wanted that to happen).

In anycase, I basically see Leroy getting smashed by Johnson in his next fight. The remaining Wilkinson-Watkins fight I can basically see going either way, and I'm not really convinced either guy can hang with the rest of the field (with the exception of Leroy).
        guillotine was actually my favorite of all the fighters this season, and him vs. johnson would have been a good fight, but had guillotine won it only would have been so he could get knocked off at a higher level. nam vs. bruce leeroy would have been a really good fight. we're going to see pretty soon who brookins opponent is in the finals, whoever it is, he's gonna tear them a new hole

Comment

guillotine was actually my favorite of all the fighters this season, and him vs. johnson would have been a good fight, but had guillotine won it only would have been so he could get knocked off at a higher level. nam vs. bruce leeroy would have been a really good fight. we're going to see pretty soon who brookins opponent is in the finals, whoever it is, he's gonna tear them a new hole
          I do have to revise my prior predictions a little bit. I indicated that Johnson was well ahead of Phan before, however after watching them both fight (and now that they're matched up) I give Phan a much better chance than I had before. I still sort of lean toward Johnson a little bit, but he's got some real limitations and Nam is a good fighter. I can see Phan being troubled by wrestlers, but he may be able to deal with a guy that comes straight at him as Johnson probably will. Nam could also get a submission off of his back possibly.

I still lean toward Johnson be a slight margin, but I'm not at all convinced. I almost feel like Nam will win, but it's mostly his size which worries me.

Brookins should steamroll his way to the title, unless he gets caught in a submission which is certainly possible.

It feels weird talking about fights which have already occurred in future tense.

Comment

Bruce and Mike both have cardio issues, they were dead tired at the beginning of the second round and I can't believe that one of them didn't get put away. I think that Nam will weather the first round storm and stop Michael in the 2nd, if not Nam will most likely wind round 2 and take Mike out in the 3rd, either way.

Brookins vs Watson has me more intrigued because we haven't seen much from either of them stand-up wise and Brookins won't be able to take a veteran BJJ fighter's back and choke him out like he does everyone else.. I still have Brookins just because of his age and because he's got more named opponents on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
              I do have to revise my prior predictions a little bit. I indicated that Johnson was well ahead of Phan before, however after watching them both fight (and now that they're matched up) I give Phan a much better chance than I had before. I still sort of lean toward Johnson a little bit, but he's got some real limitations and Nam is a good fighter. I can see Phan being troubled by wrestlers, but he may be able to deal with a guy that comes straight at him as Johnson probably will. Nam could also get a submission off of his back possibly.

I still lean toward Johnson be a slight margin, but I'm not at all convinced. I almost feel like Nam will win, but it's mostly his size which worries me.

Brookins should steamroll his way to the title, unless he gets caught in a submission which is certainly possible.
              It feels weird talking about fights which have already occurred in future tense.
              [QUOTE=Move BRICKS;9628550]Bruce and Mike both have cardio issues, they were dead tired at the beginning of the second round and I can't believe that one of them didn't get put away. I think that Nam will weather the first round storm and stop Michael in the 2nd, if not Nam will most likely wind round 2 and take Mike out in the 3rd, either way.

Brookins vs Watson has me more intrigued because we haven't seen much from either of them stand-up wise and Brookins won't be able to take a veteran BJJ fighter's back and choke him out like he does everyone else.. I still have Brookins just because of his age and because he's got more named opponents on his record.[/QUOTE]

johnson seems to like to back off in the 2nd round because he gets tired, and then put his foot on the gas in 3rd, i agree with you guys he can't do that against nam, johnson will get caught with a quick combo and stopped. i'm leaning to a nam vs. brookins final, but the watson fight will be very interesting because of watson's BJJ skill, brookins won't be able to submit him easily, there's even the possiblity that brookins could make a mistake and get submitted by watson. in a nam vs. watson final i think nam wins the whole thing, where he gets shut down by brookins if things go the way i think they will

Comment

johnson seems to like to back off in the 2nd round because he gets tired, and then put his foot on the gas in 3rd, i agree with you guys he can't do that against nam, johnson will get caught with a quick combo and stopped. i'm leaning to a nam vs. brookins final, but the watson fight will be very interesting because of watson's BJJ skill, brookins won't be able to submit him easily, there's even the possiblity that brookins could make a mistake and get submitted by watson. in a nam vs. watson final i think nam wins the whole thing, where he gets shut down by brookins if things go the way i think they will
                We're both seeing it the same way but we can't count Mike out.. We haven't seen Nam's chin yet and he has been stopped before. Johnson is explosive, very inaccurate/green, but explosive nonetheless.

It's great to see TUF season with talented and diverse fighters, I thought the last few seasons were very disappointing outside of a few select contestants.

Comment

Anybody watchin this now?? Rootin' for Brookins all tha way!!

Comment

Brookins vs Johnson in the final.

Then GSP gets to beat Koscheck's ass.

Comment

I was really impressed by Brookings, he gave an excellent display of the art of stalling in there. Take a guy down, hold onto his legs and feet while applying downward pressure, tie up the wrists, while all the while throwing nearly no punches or attempting to improve position. Really great stuff. In the 3rd round, he even managed to keep it up for an entire 5 minutes! Really good stuff.

Johnson showed some okay lay and pray as well, although he nearly lost because he didn't do enough of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X