Worst resume for a fighter considered ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    True about the heavy's very rarely having another ATG in their era,,,

But frazier fought in the 70's when he fought ali and foreman and went 1-4 vs them,, and also never fought lyles, norton, young, etc...

Frazier had alot of quality wins in the 60's but in the best heavyweight era ever, he had 1 win over ali,,, and a couple of quality wins,,,

So i think it is fair to judge frazier as a one-hit wonder in terms of ATG

Say he never fights ali,,, he would just be known as the guy foreman destroyed,,,,
    The problem with Lyles and Young is that they were on their way up when Frazier was on his way out. No chance of those fights happening. Frazier would never fight Norton as they were stable mates and tight friends.

Frazier DOES have wins over very good opponents in Quarry, Ellis, Bonavena, Chuvalo, and Bob Foster. I'm leaving off his wins over Machen and Jones as they were shot when Frazier fought them. The problem with Frazier's resume is that he just doesn't have that many fights. Are the wins above alone enough to push his resume to ATG? Probably not given his short career. However, his win over Ali and his performance in Manila is sufficient to tip the scales when added to the names above. The Ali win doesn't push him to ATG status and his aforementioned wins don't push him to ATG status......but put the two together and the combination DOES give him an ATG resume.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
      Just because fighters lose to other top fighters it doesn't mean they aren't good anymore.

"Gonzales' claim to fame is beating Michaelczewski so nothing special about him" ROFL what a shtty post.

You've got to be the worst poster in the history section.
      please enlighten me on how great Gonzalez was,,,,

didnt vince phillips beat KT
      frankie randall beat Chavez
      Jesse fergueson beat mercer,
      Baldomir beat zab
      Mayorga beat forrest
      ross purrity beat klitchko

Average fighters have beaten great fighters many times throughout history,, But at the end of the day, they are still just average,,

So please enlighten me on how special Gonzalez was since you think he was special..

better yet, start a thread about the specialness of Gonzalez...

Comment

Working...
      X