Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Mayweather Vs Berto master thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
    You have to consider the opponent. The check left hook then pivot was so easy against Manny because Manny would (and always has) over commits on his attacks, especially with his left so Floyd would use the hook as well as Manny's own momentum against him and cause him to reset while landing a scoring blow and reestablishing distance. With Berto, the prospect of getting hit with a right while pivoting out was slightly higher because of how Berto throws that punch plus Floyd knows Berto doesn't on the inside well at all to he was more than okay being on the ropes. Look at the gif someone on here has of Floyd landing a 2 punch combo, slipping off the ropes and then landing a left hook counter afterwards. He could have done that more but didn't need to.

Other than that, I agree he no longer has the offense but again, he's 38 years old. As long as he's aware of his limitations at this point, that's all that matters and he should bow out gracefully and let the young guns have it from here.
    That's true much like Ortiz he used it very well against him also just in that first 4 rounds.

But on the same token he used it well against Cotto for example (not saying he fights like Berto obviously) I just saw times where he could easily have used it and would have been a lot more effective but instead he just held or went back to the ropes. Obviously he's not going to check hook every time but I don't recall him using it at all the enitre fight.

I agree though he's 38 and a 20 year pro and obviously well into decline I don't dispute that but to me I've never seen him look worse from an offensive standpoint.

Comment

• Berto did it better against Floyd than Cotto, canelo or Maidana in second fight.

Comment

• Unsticky this and stick the Cotto/Canelo thread please. Mayweather is now history.

Comment

• mayweather is the best ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by orishas View Post
            mayweather is the best ever.

Your username is incredible!

Comment

Working...
            X