Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch: "I Just Spoke With Golovkin's Team Face to Face"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost forgot that Ward offered to go to 160 pounds to fight Mayweather but will not go any lower than 168 to fight GGG. Isn't that the same as GGG fighting Froch at 168 but he will only go as high as 164 to fight the better Ward. It's picking and choosing who you will fight at a certain weight and Ward is guilty of that. Ward refused to fight GGG in the middle at 164, insisting on 168. Ward was willing to fight the less dangerous Mayweather at 160. Please explain why Ward is not guilty of doing what he accuses GGG of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      Froch should take that fight. He's got nothing to lose.
      He has everything to lose, and financially it still wouldn't be bigger than Groves III.

Froch didn't sound that happy about the PR guy approaching him in that video.

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I almost forgot that Ward offered to go to 160 pounds to fight Mayweather but will not go any lower than 168 to fight GGG. Isn't that the same as GGG fighting Froch at 168 but he will only go as high as 164 to fight the better Ward. It's picking and choosing who you will fight at a certain weight and Ward is guilty of that. Ward refused to fight GGG in the middle at 164, insisting on 168. Ward was willing to fight the less dangerous Mayweather at 160. Please explain why Ward is not guilty of doing what he accuses GGG of doing.
      Ward definitely is guilty of it, but so is GGG with Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        It's safe for Golovkin to poke his head into the Super Middleweight division; Ward is no longer around.
        This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          He has everything to lose, and financially it still wouldn't be bigger than Groves III.

Froch didn't sound that happy about the PR guy approaching him in that video.

Ward definitely is guilty of it, but so is GGG with Canelo.
          What? Who wants to see Groves III?

Didn't know that was a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            WARD WAS NOT GOING TO DROP TO 160 FOR FLOYD....repeat...WARD WAS NOT GOING TO DROP TO 160 FOR FLOYD!!!!!....did any of you see the interview?!?....he was being sarcastic....Floyd had just threw some verbal darts at him through the media, so Dre responded with that....if you get a chance, check the interview out and you'll see for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              What? Who wants to see Groves III?

Didn't know that was a thing.
              The British casual fan would turn out for it again, financially it would still be much bigger than any other fight out there. Hearn felt he could've sold upwards of 120,000 tickets in 2014. If they could do half that, and half the 900k PPV, it would still outsell anything else.

Comment

Update:

Froch speaks with Golovkin's promoter Tom Loeffler at the Fury vs Klitschko weigh-in and asks where GGG, who will be in attendance, will be situated on fight night because he wants to talk with him face to face. What sort of drama might unfold in the meeting is anyone's guess, these two might go at it bare-knuckle style in honour of Fury's gypsy heritage (if he wins)?...

Comment

i've said it before and i'll say it again froch would KO GGG, no doubt about it...

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    Pretty sad if this fight happens to be honest..fight a old retired slow 1 dimensional fighter at 168 but not a prime young Ward..
                    Ward punked him. Gi Gi fans know it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
                      i've said it before and i'll say it again froch would KO GGG, no doubt about it...
                      Definitely possible but it depends on how GGG performs at 168 (or above) and also how the time away from boxing effects Froch.

Comment

Working...
                      X