• Show
Clear All

• Young creed and getting KO'd for real vs Bellow

https://twitter.com/TheSlyStallone/s...25649789681664

Was that meant to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      Was that meant to happen?
      Sort of, not really. "Jordan told this story on the Bill Simmon podcast, basically they were trying to film the scene and him falling was a pivotal part of the scene. The angle kept showing how fake it was so Stallone asked if he was willing to take the hit for real. Which he did...twice cause the first time Bellews hand blocked the punched."

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Sort of, not really. "Jordan told this story on the Bill Simmon podcast, basically they were trying to film the scene and him falling was a pivotal part of the scene. The angle kept showing how fake it was so Stallone asked if he was willing to take the hit for real. Which he did...twice cause the first time Bellews hand blocked the punched."
        Weeesh. Dude is dedicated. I think i'd call it quits after finding out the take was no good

Comment

That's so cool. Respect to Michael B. Jordan.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            Weeesh. Dude is dedicated. I think i'd call it quits after finding out the take was no good
            Yeah pretty cool of him to offer to take a punch. I wonder how much it really hurt though, obviously he's acting there but it's cool to see an actor willing to get punched in the head haha

Comment

Sly did the same thing with dolph. He saw a Frazier fight where Joe ran across the ring and just swung as hard as he could.

Sly told dolph to do the same thing.

He broke Slys ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Yeah pretty cool of him to offer to take a punch. I wonder how much it really hurt though, obviously he's acting there but it's cool to see an actor willing to get punched in the head haha
                Totally. I've yet to see the film but looking forward to it more now. I wanna see the final take of that punch

Comment

Danny Wheeler was the real deal in the film because it is based on real life. And the best and dumbest part of this film was when some kid pulls up on a bike and says "that's what's up!" Dropped my popcorn in the theater laughed my ass off for such funny scriptwriting.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    Sly did the same thing with dolph. He saw a Frazier fight where Joe ran across the ring and just swung as hard as he could.

Sly told dolph to do the same thing.

He broke Slys ribs.
                    He was ****ing insane when he filmed those movies. There's two stories from Rocky 3 that I love. First one involved casting Clubber Lang. He brought in real heavyweights to spar as part of the casting, and one of them was Ernie Shavers. Way Shavers tells it, Stallone was a total d*ck and thought he could actually fight, and kept telling Shavers to go at him full force. To that point Shavers was obviously going very easy on Stallone, but eventually he got fed up and let loose a decent body shot, but still not anywhere near his hardest. Completely ****ed Stallone up and Shavers didn't spar him again.

Stallone also insisted on doing the stunts for the Thunderlips fight. When it came time to do the body slam, blood came bursting out of Stallone's mouth when Hogan landed on top of him. They didn't do another take and Stallone spent the rest of the day spitting up blood in his trailer.

Comment

Working...
                    X