Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Floyd have maintained the shoulder roll against Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends what weight and version of Floyd this fantasy match up takes place at.

At 135 (where this fight would be amazing at) he was more offensive minded and would fight him differently than most people are picturing it.

Comment

no, he'd quickly end up on the ropes and get suffacated, he would have a hard time rolling with duran pushing on him or strong arming him in the inside
      floyd would get stopped, mainly because i dont think he has the chin to survive eating too many bombs from duran

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

At 135 (where this fight would be amazing at) he was more offensive minded and would fight him differently than most people are picturing it.
        135 floyd is the one i am thinking of, the current floyd although stronger and could avoid getting bullied by duran(for awhile) but i think his workrate is way too little and he is too flat footed and definitely the sitting on the ropes that has become a huge habit against anyone with any slight pressure would get him stopped

Comment

No, Duran would of demolished Fraud. Fraud hasn't fought a mentally strong, determined fighter in god knows when. He picks mostly on mental midgets that fall apart easy or frusturate as soon as things don't go there way. He loves those opponents because with all his dirty tactics and trash talk, it plays into his hands. Duran would have none of that. He only knows one direction and Fraud wouldn't be able to handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
            135 floyd is the one i am thinking of, the current floyd although stronger and could avoid getting bullied by duran(for awhile) but i think his workrate is way too little and he is too flat footed and definitely the sitting on the ropes that has become a huge habit against anyone with any slight pressure would get him stopped
            Not saying he'd have the same success, but I think at 147 his gameplan would resemble how he fought Marquez.

Comment

Not saying he'd have the same success, but I think at 147 his gameplan would resemble how he fought Marquez.
              Gameplan to make the little man come up in weight and then show up overweight? lol. I can't deny, it's a great plan. Especially when the little man is considered at the time, P4P #2. Make's life easy.

Comment

Duran is widely considered the greatest lightweight of all-time. Floyd never fought anyone near the caliber of prime Roberto. I don't see Mayweather holding off Duran well enough to score the decision.

Comment

At 135 I think it would be tremendous.

Floyd's speed at that weight was insane, hand and foot speed. With the right plan I do believe he could win, it's a fight that could go either way for me.

Regarding the shoulder roll, he has far more to his defensive game than that. Yes it's very effective, but if not he can, and has, switched it up to different defensive plans. If it was being successful he would carry it on, if not he would go to the next.

Comment

SRL lost to Duran because he went in there and tried to fight Duran's fight. In the second fight he went in there and boxed circles around him. Do people forget Floyd's feet at the lower weights? There is a chance he would box circles around Duran. Duran is the only of the four horsemen I think Floyd beats.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      SRL lost to Duran because he went in there and tried to fight Duran's fight. In the second fight he went in there and boxed circles around him. Do people forget Floyd's feet at the lower weights? There is a chance he would box circles around Duran. Duran is the only of the four horsemen I think Floyd beats.
                      Ray Leonard fought how he always fought in the first fight. He came to fight, that was Ray Leonard in a nutshell, a fighter. Duran was just the better fighter on the night.

In the second fight he changed up his style and adjusted a little. Still didn't fight all that much different.

Comment

Working...
                      X