No announcement yet.

Terrell Gausha vs Vijender Singh - Round 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrell Gausha vs Vijender Singh - Round 3

I'm taking issue with the 3rd round. The official scoring for the round was 7-7

I just watched the third round back 8 times. Three times counting landed punches for Gausha, three times counting landed punches for Singh. I also watched 2 more times to count total punches for each fighter.

I scored the round three times using a clicker and came up with scores of:

28-13
    32-18
    32-21

All in favor of Gausha, even when progressively relaxing my standard for what constitutes a scoring blow for Singh (even counting slaps, and touches and arm punches to the body).

In addition to outlanding Singh, Gausha also threw more punches in the round, 73-56

There are a couple things that are clear in the round.
    1) Gausha won the round.
    2) Gausha landed the cleaner, harder, and more visible punches.
    3) Singh was fighting to kill time, and was not punching with any authority.

For most of the round Singh was attempting to hit Gausha with the right hand counter that was effective for him earlier in the fight. However, Gausha had already made adjustments for Singh's right hand, and was effectively blocking it all round.

Also of not is that a large portion of Singh's total punches thrown came in the last 40 seconds of the round, in flurries of 5-6 punches.

To me, the scoring in Gausha's fight was even more blatantly incompetent/corrupt than in the Spence fight. I cannot for the life of me figure out how a fair and reasonable individual could possibly come up with an even score in the round.

Watch the third round for yourself, and see what kind of numbers you come up with.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/box...-vijender.html
Working...
X