No announcement yet.

Castillo: Canelo is too green for Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Of course they are. Larry is a Floyd fan who knows ginger is on the horizon so he's gonna hype ginger on up.

I'm a boxing fan who knows ginger is nothing more than a hypejob, who's been spoonfed stiffs & is undeserving of a Floyd fight.

I say ginger needs to fight Trout to prove he's any good. Larry is fine with another bum, or old man & Floyd next.
    I'm somewhere in the middle with this one. I agree that Canelo needs to step it up and take on several top 154lb fighters to both gauge him properly and for him to gain the experience and confidence.

Simple questions such as how well can he handle difficult confrontations with top quality opponent? Can he handle certain style of fighters?

Canelo has shown signs of vulnerability. For example, He was getting caught by Lopez early on. Lopez was easily hitting him with big shots but then Canelo had the size and power advantage and took over the fight. May not be the same if he fought a true LMW.

There are so many 154 fighters. Canelo needs to start fighting and looking good against them before I can make up my mind. That is what Castillo is talking about. To name a few, Lara, Trout, Molina, Angulo ....
    Last edited by ADP02; 01-26-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Canelo resume isn't great I personally think he's the good; each day passes it's more likely he will beat Floyd IMO. A sept fight I might pick him to win.

Comment

Castillo is right that Canelo is too green to have a decent chance to beat floyd, however there arent that many marketable fights for floyd right now at 147-154 and that is one of the more bigger fights out there. The pac fight will never happen. I would love to see floyd vs sergio.

Canelo at 154 in the spring to give floyd another 154 fight to prepare him for sergio in the fall. Of course that wont happen.

Comment

Is there another option that says we heard this before?

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            Castillo is right that Canelo is too green to have a decent chance to beat floyd, however there arent that many marketable fights for floyd right now at 147-154 and that is one of the more bigger fights out there. The pac fight will never happen. I would love to see floyd vs sergio.

Canelo at 154 in the spring to give floyd another 154 fight to prepare him for sergio in the fall. Of course that wont happen.
            please change your avatar, smh...sh!!!!t is a ****ing joke

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
              Canelo in truth should have already started stepping up a few fights ago to have landed a Floyd fight instead of Guerrero or anyone else, that way we wouldnt be debating if hes ready or not for someone like Floyd.

I think the kid has some talent, but hes just not proven yet and thats as simple as I see it. if he had a couple of decent names on his CV from the tough & tested 154 guys then the win would mean a lot more if Mayweather gets it. I think Canelo goes on to do good things even if he gets beaten by Floyd, he's got time on his side and is not a complete scrub
              That is it there, canelo should have been stepping up a while ago to get ready for the next phase of his career whether it be floyd (a good possibility because he is a GBP fighter) or whoever but he has been taking all easy fights.

Well now floyd has ran out of marketable opponents so canelo will get to fight floyd but hes completely unprepared and when floyd wins he wont get much credit because people will just point to canelo's lacking resume.

Comment

Originally posted by black_celph View Post
                please change your avatar, smh...sh!!!!t is a ****ing joke
                My avatar is of former WBC Super Middleweight Champion Robin Reid.

He also did quite a bit of modeling work as you can probably guess due to his naturally aesthetic face and chiseled body.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  My avatar is of former WBC Super Middleweight Champion Robin Reid.

He also did quite a bit of modeling work as you can probably guess due to his naturally aesthetic face and chiseled body.
                  are you a female? Or just gay lol

Comment

Working...
                  X